Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

How far should my new PC- Ultra be from the wall?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   John Pine

John Pine

Supporting Actor

• 988 posts

Posted February 06 2005 - 04:03 AM

I’ve got it located in a corner on the front soundstage. I was just wondering if there is a consensus regarding how close to place the sub to the wall. Or, does it even matter since it’s ported on the top? The room is 18’x23’ with a 14’ vaulted ceiling. Thanks, John
"War Eagle!"

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   WayneO

WayneO

Supporting Actor

• 625 posts

Posted February 06 2005 - 04:41 AM

It can be as close to the wall as you want if that proves to be the best placement for the sub in your room. There is no required minimum distance to guarantee you aren't hindering performance.
If the best advice is "listen for yourself", then why offer your opinion?

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   John Pine

John Pine

Supporting Actor

• 988 posts

Posted February 06 2005 - 05:19 AM

Then that's where I'll start, with it flush against the wall. THX Wayne!
"War Eagle!"

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   MikeHU

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted February 06 2005 - 07:10 AM

John, I have only had my PC-Ultra for three days, but also have it in the front R. corner of my HT room. Was also wondering how close. I have the sub about 1-inch from both walls. I have a lower ceiling than yours, but this thing is thunderous and sounds fantastic.Posted Image I would guess you are going through the same experience as me. WOW!!
Integra 40.2 Pre/Pro, B&K 200.7 Amp, RF-7s up front, with RC-7, RS-7's and RCW-5's in back. Denon 2910 DVD/SACD, PS3 for Blueray and 3d, X-box 360, Samsung 60" 8000 series for a stunning picture biggrin.gif

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   steve nn

steve nn

Screenwriter

• 2,420 posts

Posted February 06 2005 - 07:28 AM

You generally get more gain the closer to the wall you are. It can work against the sound quality though, so each situation is different. Get to know your sub and play around with placement and you'll figure it out.Posted Image

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   John Pine

John Pine

Supporting Actor

• 988 posts

Posted February 07 2005 - 01:06 AM

Good feedback! Thx Steve. Mike, yeah' for a Hi-Res Audio setup like mine, it's just what the doctor ordered! Enjoy! Posted Image
"War Eagle!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users