What's new

Tommy Boy: Holy Shnikes Edition! (1 Viewer)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I can't believe there's no other posts for this (I searched)! I saw the preview for it on the Without a Paddle DVD (not a bad movie), and it apparently has a lot of behind the scenes footage, plus it has deleted scenes. It's a 2 disc set!
Just said coming soon. Office Space and Tommy Boy SEs in the same year ... great!

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Did you see the cover of this? Hilarious!

Dave Chappelle, and some other guys-
but did we mention DAVE CHAPPELLE?!?!

DAVE
CHAPPELLE

cha-ching. cha-ching. cha-ching.
We're riiiiiiiiiaach beotch!

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Nice, I never got around to picking up Tommy Boy or Half Baked so I'm up for both. Wonder if a Black Sheep special edition will follow. Too bad they didn't go the Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison route and upgrade em both in one shot.

Speaking of Chappelle I'd also like to see a Screwed SE. Being that I'm probably the only person on Earth that actually likes that movie, I know it won't happen.

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator

:laugh:

I'll be buying all three of these releases for the second time: Half Baked, Office Space, and Tommy Boy. And just bought Happy Gilmour and Billy Madison again as well. Fucking double dipping :sigh:

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Tommy Boy NEVER fails to make me laugh, especially the scene where they're singing and then the hood of the car pops up. Double dip? YES!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Beautiful, I'm so happy I didn't cave in and pick this up over the holidays!

PS - Is it really called the "Holy Schnikes Edition", haha?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I don't know why I love this movie and hate most other films starring Chris Farley and/or David Spade, but I do know that this SE will be mine. :)

Regards,

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
^ I agree Travis!

Despite the poor reviews and awful feedback, I think it's a hillarious movie and should be released if for nothing more than to make available Farley's last role. I hope it gets released soon!

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Odd that Almost Hero's hasn't been released it's a Christopher Guest film. You'd think that alone would've been enough to warrant a release.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

You're not the only one Marc. Count me as Screwed fan #2.

One of my favorite scenes is with Grover in the morgue.

"It's not just any rock. It's a pet rock." - Grover

"Oh yeah, a pet rock. I used to have one of these." - Willard

"Yeah, I just dug it out of his colon." - Grover

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I know it's hard to believe, but there's a long preview for it on the Without a Paddle DVD. I don't believe it said anything about a release date or new transfer.
And it is really called the Holy Shnikes edition, and that's apparently how "shnikes" is spelled.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
"Richard, is your favorite team, the Y-A-N-K-E-E-S? ":D

"You sure the kitchen's closed?"...."Let me check. (stares at him for a sec)...yep, it's closed". :D :D

Surely it would be an upgraded video release after all these years???

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Actually, Marco, Farley's final role was a bit part in "Dirty Work". I saw the preview for it years ago, and there was Farley under a prosthetic nose. I was like, "It couldn't be him...He's dead". Stupid me...it WAS Chris.

Either way, I'll pick this up. I didn't buy the first edition, but I'll be ready for this one.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Paramount, could you do Special Edition re-releases of "Flashdance", "48 HRS", "Trading Places" and "Black Rain" next?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

That girl by the pool was extremely hot. And, I always liked the diner scene, too.

"God, what happened to your face?"

"I knew it!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.