-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Why Panasonic Onyx (TH-50XVS30U) better than Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 Shahryar

Shahryar

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted February 03 2005 - 04:40 PM

Ok, I am very, very new to the HDTV world so forgive me if this a dumb question. But I want to demote my Sony 40" Wega XBR (Sony KV40XBR800 ) to the living room upstairs, and get a 50" widescreen as a replacement for the Home Theater Room.

I was looking around engadgets.com the other day and in their "How To: Blow Out the superbowl section," (can't post direct link, but it's entry 7313211442242854) they recommend a 50" Onyx Line TV - TH-50XVS30U. But then a reader posts in the forum underneath, "Why don't you recommend the Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY instead?" and then lists a few reasons.

I've looked at some random sites giving first looks/reviews into both TVs but am not familiar enough with the techno language to figure out why this Onyx line is so much better than the TH-50PHD7UY, that the price difference would be $9,000 versus $3,700. (If prices have changed, please let me know).

I kind of have my heart set on a panasonic as I've seen some good things mentioned about it in one of the threads here (cant remember the name of it - a guy was asking between 4 tvs). I was just curious about this.

Shahryar