What's new

'SEINFELD' Season 4+, when? (1 Viewer)

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to try and make this rather short, but usually when I get on Seinfeld, I can't stop, so forgive any forthcoming rants or discussions.

First off, I don't mind the delay as I hope they pack as much commentary as possible on this season. Season 4 is where Seinfeld really starts to get a comical feel and establish a certain 'sense' about it. It's just a stellar season. Season 4 is where Jerry really picks up on that Sarcasm, george really picks up on the Ism's, and catch phrases start to fly out. The Show really get's a 'feel' about it that sets the tones for the following seasons. The first three seasons kind of more or less established a lot of the characters, the novice of Larry David, Jerry Seinfeld and Larry Charles really seems to come out.

I'm getting all teary-eyed just thinking about a release. So, hopefully it's coming soon.

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Well you know what I mean, he moves more or less from a "...what's the deal with that" format, to just a quick witted and non-chalant mode. Although, we do see brilliant glimpses of it in earlier seasons (refer to 'The Pony Remark' and the whole 'layers' discussion, he baits Kramer in the most sarcastic manner, lets him know about it and then when Kramer fails his reaction is 'what a shock'), it just goes to a whole new level.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think most of the extras are completed for all the releases. So that's probably not holding it up.

If I had to guess I'd say that they'll probably put out Seasons Four and Five in May and then Seasons Six and Seven in November. Two sets every six months. At least I hope they do two sets a time:)

James Thompson

Auditioning
This is my first ever post and I have to say I love this fourm it is great. Now to the important stuff....
Is the general consensus that Seinfeld will put their entire run out on DVD? I don't get the impression that Seinfeld is in any hurry to get out on DVD as long as it is on heavy syndication like TBS, which may cut some of their sales because the average person may wait till they can no longer see it for free on TV.

John McM

Second Unit
knowing Sony, we'll probably get 4 and 5 around Xmas... because it was this far back in 2004 that we knew 1-3 were on the way in Nov 2004

John McM

Second Unit

I doubt it'll be a rush job, but if Seinfeld doesn't get finished on DVD, I'd be hardpressed to think of something that would.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That's a bummer that they're only doing one set this time. Maybe they will do one in (I assume) the spring and do two more sets at the holidays again. That way they will get them all out by the end of 2006. Hey, I can dream:)

EDIT: I will say that this arguably the best season of the series so how bummed can I be?

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan

Why do they have to take so damn long to release the remaining seasons? Would it kill them to put out 4 seasons per year? It's not like people aren't buying... man I dislike Sony :angry:

ChrisPearson

Second Unit

Maybe they want to do a good job on them. Remember how long it look seasons 1-3 to appear and how great they were when they did? As I only intend to buy this series once, I'd prefer to wait until Sony gets it right the first time. I'm overwhelmed with stuff to watch as it is :D

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
What episode did George lose his glasses and get womens glasses my mistake and Elaine was bitten by a dog and thinks she has rabies?

Cant think of the name or season. Thanks

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Thanks Travis!
Actually I saw it last night on TV and couldnt remember seeing it before.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i do know what you mean, but i was quoting a line by jerry, he says something like what i said to george, i think it was the one when george brings food into the bed with his girlfriend, and george says something like "i think i linked food with sex in my brain" and jerry says "yeah, that's what you did".

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks