-

Photo
- - - - -

The Pretender - Starter Set

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Alan_R

Alan_R

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted February 02 2005 - 06:07 AM

Hi Folks,

Please forgive me if i missed it mentioned somewhere else, but does anyone know what is included or on the "Pretender - TV Starter Kit that comes out the same day as the season 1 box set ?

Thanks.

Alan.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted February 02 2005 - 06:32 AM

...probably just the first couple of episodes. I wouldn't expect any more than that such as extras, commentary, etc. Although, maybe a trailer or two to advertise the other "starter sets".

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Alan_R

Alan_R

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted February 02 2005 - 08:11 AM

Aahhh,

ok thanks for the info Joshua, i've never really come across one of these before, amazon had several of them listed for diffrent tv series, 24 etc but not any info on any of them...who would buy a single disc, when you can get the whole series on the same day.. Posted Image

Highlander.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted February 02 2005 - 02:21 PM

It's an interesting idea, these "starter" sets. The TVONDVD guys put up a great post on this (as usual Posted Image )

Since I'm already going to get the 1st season set I won't get the "starter" set but Gord and Dave's take on it will undoubtly help those that are out there considering getting the season pack make their decisions.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Christi P

Christi P

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted February 03 2005 - 06:42 PM

TVshowsonDVD says this about the starter set:

>>
Quote:
The sets carry a suggested retail price of $9.99, though they're already being marked down by online retailers like DVDPlanet (the discs are just $6.99 there). Fox is also offering a coupon for $10 off the set, should you choose to purchase it after watching the "Starter Set."

Anyone know how these coupons will work? I usually order from Amazon.com, and I don't know if they would take a coupon.

Also, is the coupon supposed to come inside the starter set? Gilmore Girls was supposed to have a similar deal (buy the pilot on a 'starter' disc, and get a coupon for the boxed set), but the Gilmore Girls starter disc didn't come with the coupon information.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted February 06 2005 - 06:38 AM

Christi, they're usually rebates. They companies do this because most people don't send away for the rebates, but it'll influence them at the checkout counter. I'm guilty of not sending away many, many rebates.

Anyway, you should be able to redeem them if you purchase from Amazon.com.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?