What's new

Amazon.Com (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I am majorly heated under the collar. I placed an order for a DVD which is supposed to street tommarrow. After hearing about the delays people are experiencing due to last Tuesday's tragedy, I decided to cancel my order online and pick it up at Best Buy tommarrow (for $2 less, I might add). The shipping delays are totally understandable considering the tragedy. However, when I went to cancel the order, it gave me: "We are preparing these items for shipment and can no longer change shipping and billing options for them." Considering they aren't even supposed to be shipping these items until tommarrow, I was under the impression that I should be able to cancel my order. Is this Amazon's way to cover their butt from losses owing to Tuesday's tragedy?
Please note that I'm rather flustered by this right now. If they get it to me in a prompt manner, then excuse this post. I'll probably see things differently when I've cooled down a bit. The delays aren't the problem. It's the fact that Amazon.Com is basically saying that once you enter the checkout line, you can't put the item back on the shelves. It's been "preparing to ship" for quite some time now. How long can it take to get packages from the werehouse, then stuck in a box, a pre-printed sticker with the address on it slapped on the front, and take it (along with all the other packages arranged in the same manner) to UPS?
------------------
My DVD Collection
My Preorders
My Wishlist

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I don't deal with Amazon, but a lot of vendors ship before the release date so it gets to you at the same time its hitting the stores. Both dvdempire.com and dvdplanet.com do this all the time. And in the past I've experienced similar shipping times with reel.com express.com and 800.com. I'd be surprised if you had trouble with most of these guys if you tried to cancel on or after the Saturday before release.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I hate when they pull this stuff: "We are preparing these items for shipment and can no longer change shipping and billing options for them" especially since it can sit in that state for days.
If you call Amazon and complain, they'll most likely give you a $10 gift cert "for your troubles." I've never done it, but some of the people at DVDTalk seem to finance their DVD budget this way.
wink.gif

And before you ask:
1-800-201-7575

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Keith: That's what I assumed was going on with this. Amazon's done that with past orders, and it's one of the reasons I keep coming back. If it goes from not shipped to shipped promptly, then I'd be happy to give them my business again.
Greg: That's the problem exactly. When it finally shipped (12:09 this morning, according to my mail server), it'd been "preparing to ship" for over a day. Thanks for the number, I may try that! At any rate, it's in the US Postal Service's hands now.
------------------
My DVD Collection
My Preorders
My Wishlist

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks