Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Soap Operas on DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#41 of 50 jdee28

jdee28

Supporting Actor

• 996 posts

Posted January 01 2009 - 03:28 PM

Actually, it looks like no soap from the 70s and 80s will be streaming online anywhere anymore. The P&G Classic Soap Channel has just been removed from AOL Video, effective today, January 1st. All told, they streamed 324 episodes of Another World from 1980-1981, 334 episodes of Texas, as well as 300 + episodes of Edge of Night and Search for Tomorrow, all for free. They say they hope to be back on another service, but who knows. It's a sad loss.

#42 of 50 nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted April 12 2009 - 03:48 AM

I would love to see Best Of releases or character specials for One Life To Live, The Guiding Light, All My Children, Days Of Our Lives, As the World Turns and Santa Barbara. English soap wise Hollyoaks.

Especially All My Children and Guiding Light as am loving the Otalia storyline on the latter and was a fan of Bianca/Maggie storyline.

#43 of 50 nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted April 12 2009 - 03:54 AM

Oh I would also like to see the Days Of Our Lives TV Movies

One Stormy Night (1992), Night Sins (1993) and Winter Heat (1994)

#44 of 50 Jack Cleveland

Jack Cleveland

Second Unit

• 330 posts

Posted April 12 2009 - 10:05 AM

Now that we are losing "Guiding Light", I would love to see some kind of DVD release celebrating this venerable, long running classic show. I haven't watched much over the last four years, but I always thought I could come back whenever I wanted. You could count on GL always being there. Next we'll lose the sun coming up everyday. Guess nothing lasts forever. Give us some DVD's Proctor and Gamble.

#45 of 50 David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,084 posts

Posted April 12 2009 - 07:15 PM

What I would love would be if P&G could start their own site with all the video they have of their classic soaps. That would include GL, AW, SFT, ATWT, etc. They could keep the content updated daily with "new" reruns. Clearly these classic episodes will not be seen on TV again. So how about getting things going on the internet ?
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#46 of 50 Elena S

Elena S

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted April 14 2009 - 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Cleveland
Now that we are losing "Guiding Light", I would love to see some kind of DVD release celebrating this venerable, long running classic show. I haven't watched much over the last four years, but I always thought I could come back whenever I wanted. You could count on GL always being there. Next we'll lose the sun coming up everyday. Guess nothing lasts forever. Give us some DVD's Proctor and Gamble.
How I would love this! I will miss my beloved soap that I've followed for 40+ years. It's not just the death of a show, it's the death of a legacy. So many generations of families followed it. If any show is worthy of DVD releases it is GL. I'll bet they'd sell well, too.

#47 of 50 tonduke

tonduke

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 01:57 PM

:)"CAN I SEND "DAYS OF OUR LIVES","STRANGE UNIVERSE","THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS" & "THE DOCTORS" DVD'S?"

#48 of 50 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,667 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted July 16 2011 - 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by tonduke 

Posted Image"CAN I SEND "DAYS OF OUR LIVES","STRANGE UNIVERSE","THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS" & "THE DOCTORS" DVD'S?"

Posted ImagePosted Image"CAN YOU SEND 'THE EDGE OF NIGHT' DVD'S"?

Quote:

Posted ImagePosted Image:P:cool:"CAN YOU SEND DVD'S OF 'ANOTHER WORLD','EDGE OF NIGHT','SEARCH FOR TOMORROW' & 'TEXAS'?

Tony:  What do you mean by "send?"

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#49 of 50 rebagirl

rebagirl

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted July 17 2011 - 03:19 AM

yes, thats my problem also

#50 of 50 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 15,964 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted July 17 2011 - 04:14 AM

There's some rumors that GH will be shut down next year too now, I would love to see some of those old stories come to home video.

facebook.com/whotony