What's new

Sirius Terrestrial Repeaters (1 Viewer)

martyTeboe

Grip
One problem that I experience with Sirius is the need to move my indoor antenna to keep up with the satellite movements. The windows in my apartment face South and West, rather than the North or East that they suggest for people in this region (San Francisco Bay Area). I've contacted Sirius Customer Service to determine if more Terrstrial Repeaters will be put up within the coming year, and received the following response:

"Marty, we are unable to provide any information regarding the location of our terrestrial repeaters as it is proprietary information. We are dedicated to providing quality service and customer satisfaction. We
encourage comments on how we can improve our service. Thanks again for taking the time to write in!

Sincerely,

Holly
SIRIUS Customer Care Agent"

I suppose I understand the need to keep the location a secret, but I'd asked to know if there will be MORE of them to look forward to. They simply won't tell me....

Now, I realize that XM's birds fly in a geosynchronous orbit, and this reception issue is not so much a problem for XM's subs. If I was in this for music only, I'd make the switch. But I'm not, and I'm sticking to Sirius.

My question: Has anyone heard of more Terrestrial Repeaters to be added to the existing infrastructure here in Northern California?

Thanks!

mt

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Marty,

I have a problem with Sirius in my car.

Anytime I go beneath an underpass I get
dropout. Extended period of time under
a gas station or drive-up bank window roof
provides me with complete signal loss.

I've been complaining about the lack of
repeaters in this area for the past year.
I even spoke directly with Sirius management
about it when I visited them a year ago.

Nothing has been done to improve the outtages.

Funny thing is, I live only 50 miles outside
of New York City in one of the most populated
counties. You would think there would be a
little more emphasis put in getting repeaters
out here.

My suggestion is to go on Sirius Backstage and
start making some noise. I know Sirius people
read that board daily. Perhaps your complaint
will be heard.

martyTeboe

Grip
I have that problem too, Ron. I think that's a very good idea, and I'll certainly do just that.

Thanks!

marty

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks