What's new

Thank you SVS for ruining my life. (1 Viewer)

raoC

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, svs has ruined my life. First svs broke my back because i had to lift their super heavy sub (pb12-isd/2) up three flights of stairs. Then i just barely turn the thing on and now i have this ringing in my ears that will not go away! all my pictures fell off the window sill and my dog doesnt play with me anymore. svs, thank you for ruining my life

but was it worth it.

hell ya baby

Mike^S

Stunt Coordinator
Ya, then you'll be able to demolish your house while watching the Lord of the Rings. :emoji_thumbsup:

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Lol, raoC, I was afraid you were going to tell us you had to choose between your wife or the SVS on who was going to stay... :)

raoC

Stunt Coordinator
haha, im only 23 guys. but ya this thing is amazing. i wish you could see how funny it looks in my room. my room is only 11*10 haha it takes up half the room. hopefully i wont get kicked out of my apartment complex.

should i upgrade my sub wire? i got some generic cable in there does quality wire really make a difference?

svs for life.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
rao, i think it's too big for your room.. why don't you pack it up and send it over here.. ;D

Morgan_

Stunt Coordinator

Your neighbors should all buy SVS subs, then you can take turns disturbing each other!!:D I used to do that, but I don't think anybody wants any now, when I play mine for awhile, I turn it down, and nobody is pumping theirs, hehe:D, I think they're all hoping all get tired of whatever I'm listing or watching, and turn it down!! I do after a short time, I know how it feels, and I don't wish to disturb anyone, I know how annoying it is to just hear the boomin constantly!!

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Fired up my PB12-Plus/2 yesterday. . . I sent my friend to Youngstown to pick it up. Filled up his Jeep Cherokee. . . .

I set the gain at 1/4 turn, crossover disabled, one port plugged, set the filter to 20hz, conected the LFE cable and power cord, power on, set to auto; then fired up my receiver with my new SPL meter and the level was nuts on. . . Perfect. . . .

Now to listen. . . Remember the Robot scene early in "Sky Captain"??? You will now. . . I was kicked back in my recliner grinning ear to ear when my wife walked in the door scarring the crap out of me telling me the law was comming. . . She said the whole house was shaking. . . I know I was hitting peaks well over 100dB at -20 volume. . . I turned it down to -25 and procedded to watch the rest of the movie.

About the time you think it's not working a good bass scene comes along and sits you right back down in your seat. . . This thing is sweet. . .

I have been using a dual 15(1PR+1 driven) Bloat box temperarily thinking it was fine. . . Funny how we compensate in our mind for whats lacking. . . With this new one you dont compensate for anything. . .

I like it. . . a lot!!!

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Hi Guy.........I understand about the Sky Captain........ My GF and her sister was out shopping when I decided to watch it...... when they drove up in the driveway, they heard it before getting up to the house and actually turning the motor off....... I will have to say, Sky Captain will surely let you know if your sub is working......funny though, GF said if it sounded THAT good, she wanted to watch all of it again......LOL I think I cracked my foundation...... I at least rearranged all the pictures.......but at least her sister didn't stay and watch.... says my system rattles her marbles......Good way to limit some visits huh?

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
should i upgrade my sub wire? i got some generic cable in there does quality wire really make a difference?
__________________________________________________ __

It could but I highly doubt it. Your gain is set so low that hum doesn't seem to be a issue, so I would sit back and enjoy just like you are.

A PB12-ISD/2 in a 11 X 10' room! You definitely have some effortless bass going there. Along with having great SPL when called for, I bet your going to notice all the many different flavors of bass that are contained on many disks also.

Congrats on your new sub raoC and welcome to the clan:emoji_thumbsup:

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
"Nemo" "U571" (5AM) Some LOTR later and now I am off to get my new 55 Sony LCD. . . I will be watching them all over again for sure. . .

Like I said this Sub sneaks up on you and hammers you farther down into your seat. . . GREAT!!!

I had a decent sub even had a 2039 for a couple years but in my 12x18 room this is a carnival ride now!!!

raoC

Stunt Coordinator
yup last night I was fiddling with the gain and heard the HUM, im assuming good speaker wire will get rid of that. but yea guys, this sub is crazy nice.

do you guys think that svs subs are a little too expensive? or just right for their awesomeness?

terence

Supporting Actor
All of this Sky Captain talk, i'm going to pick this one up right now! SVS has made my life better for sho! :D

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
"do you guys think that svs subs are a little too expensive? or just right for their awesomeness?"

Their 'value' is the biggest reason most of us who own SVS products are so vocal about them, next to the actual performance, of course. A close third would be customer service. SVS has, time after time, been recognized for amazing value at a given price point.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
do you guys think that svs subs are a little too expensive? or just right for their awesomeness?
__________________________________________________ ____

I think their just right myself.>(Very aggressive) I wouldn't mind seeing their price cut in 1/2 but realistically that cant be a viable option. Considering $$ per db and the quality of that db, SVS rates right up there at the top in my thinking.

>>>yup last night I was fiddling with the gain and heard the HUM, im assuming good speaker wire will get rid of that.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
awesome, im glad i used my rent money for a good purpose.
__________________________________________________ ____

The Important things in life need to come first you know;)

Make note to self> Never loan raoC any $$ to pay rent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks