What's new

Ghost in the Shell 2 replacement program launched (1 Viewer)

Andy Patrizio

Stunt Coordinator
Normally I try to avoid being self-serving/self-promoting, but this is an issue of great interest to a lot of folks.

Go Fish has finally launched a replacement program for Ghost in the Shell 2, so you can get a disc with proper subtitles at no charge. They have also run a new batch of discs for the retail channel. They just sent me the details, which I have written up here. Hope it helps.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
excellent, i'll finally buy this film!:emoji_thumbsup:

For those who don't want to RTFA, you can see on the spine of the DVD case whether it has the proper subtitles. Look on the spine for the marking "V4" if its there, then its got the real subtitles.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Thanks so much for your help, Andy. Now everyone, regardless of their stance on this issue, can reap the benefits of your efforts.

And thanks to Go Fish for offering a remedy for consumers. This will definitely put them in good graces and shows they listen to their customers.
-

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Anyone found it in stores yet? My Best Buy doesn't have it yet.

And I don't know if it's necessary, but could someone that has it post a pic of the spine?

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Checked today at Future Shop and none of the GITS2 had the special marking of the new release. Wonder if they even know about it?

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Andy, do you know if the new subtitles are smaller and/or placed lower on the screen? (or is it just like the previous track with the CC taken out?)

Thanks! There just must be something with Ghost because there seems to be problems with this and the first 2 SAC DVDs as well...

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
That's Great. I really didn't have a problem with the Captioning, but I'll definatley replace it. Now if only they would replace that awful cover...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks