-

Photo

Wallace and Gromit : Out of Print on DVD?!?!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,562 posts

Posted January 28 2005 - 08:53 AM

I have the original Fox DVD of "Wallace and Gromit," but was surprized today to find that when I went to REpurchase "The Adventures of Wallace and Gromit" on DVD (The Warner Bros version), it, too, is now out of print.

I had given my WB version away to my newphew because I figured I coudl get another when I wanted to listen to Park's commentary on these shorts.

Anyone have a clue what is going on?

Are they on moratorium until the film is released, or did the rights change hands again?

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,507 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 28 2005 - 08:56 AM

It shows up in Walmart's $5.50 bin from time to time. I picked it up there a few months ago.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,195 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted January 28 2005 - 01:46 PM

I'm pretty sure they're planning a re-release due to the movie.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Richard Waller

Richard Waller

Second Unit

• 252 posts

Posted January 30 2005 - 07:47 AM

It'd be nice if they put the Happy Birthday song back into "The Wrong Trousers" instead of the replaced music.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted January 30 2005 - 02:23 PM

It's still available at Amazon, albeit packaged with Robbie the Reindeer:

http://www.amazon.co....v=glance&s=dvd

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted January 30 2005 - 03:58 PM

Quote:
It'd be nice if they put the Happy Birthday song back into "The Wrong Trousers" instead of the replaced music.
Huh? What's this?
Films watched in 2005 / 2006 / 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011
AFI Top 100 lists: Movies, Thrills - Completed / Laughs - 23 to go
Passions - 39 to go / Heroes & Villains - 10 to go / Songs - 42 to go

#7 of 9 ONLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 3,994 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted January 30 2005 - 04:10 PM

I have the Fox version, and am glad I do if there's replaced music on the Warner release.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter

• 1,809 posts

Posted January 31 2005 - 12:30 AM

The PQ on the Warner release is no where near as good as the Fox one.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   GlennH

GlennH

Screenwriter

• 2,124 posts

Posted January 31 2005 - 04:01 AM

This old thread has all the details about "Happy Birthday" being replaced and a discussion of the PQ of the Fox vs. Warner versions. Unfortunately it looks like the links to screen caps comparisons are now dead.

http://www.hometheat....threadid=16772