Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What else can I do with my 2 Blueprint 1804s ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter

• 1,061 posts

Posted January 28 2005 - 02:43 AM

Ok so I rent my place and I am very much considering moving out after 4 years of renting.

The landlord probably ain't gonna want an IB subwoofer so I need to yank the drivers and repair the wall which is no biggie but it needs to be done if I do decide to move for sure.

Anyways I am having a hard time selling these drivers so I guess I might try and use them if possible.

But what in the hell can I do with these pigs in a reasonably sized cabinet, say under 4'x 2'x2' ?

I have a QSC 1850HD so only 600 watts per driver which isn't really alot for these because they can take all of it in the IB set-up.

I know my best bet is to just get rid of them and go with a pair of Tempests but I gotta tell you that its been really nice having drivers that never bottom , or at least I never hear them doing it. Posted Image

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   ThomasW

ThomasW

Screenwriter

• 2,282 posts

Posted January 28 2005 - 02:54 AM

You could put them in an overly small sealed box; then use a Linkwitz transform circuit, to fake them into performing like the box was much bigger.

You would need an amp with higher power to do that.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Jason Garver

Jason Garver

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted January 28 2005 - 06:56 AM

Will another IB setup be unfeasable when you move? If they performed well for you in the past in an IB I see no reason not to do it again.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   GrahamT

GrahamT

Supporting Actor

• 556 posts

Posted January 28 2005 - 07:13 AM

And if you can't do and IB or LT maybe an isobaric configuration might work.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

• 1,370 posts

Posted January 28 2005 - 08:41 AM

Sounds like one for the vehicle and one for the home (thus bridge the QSC and use LT).

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   stephanX

stephanX

Stunt Coordinator

• 116 posts

Posted January 28 2005 - 12:45 PM

Give one to me! problem solvedPosted Image

I vote for the IB again, or alternately a ported box? no one mentioned this but ported would work very well.
Can your 450$(cad) sub hit 120db at 40hz?

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter

• 1,061 posts

Posted January 28 2005 - 02:19 PM

I love my IB but it creates so much bass that its impossible to keep it away from the neighbors..as it is now my entire house is a subwoofer. Posted Image Not that there is anything wrong with this but when I play a movie @ reference volumes everyone on my street knows about it.

Id like to be able to keep it down to 1 or 2 houses on either side of me. Posted Image

I guess I will either keep one driver or sell them both, the 1850HD's fan is louder than hell too so I have had urges to sell it as well even though its outside of my HT now so its a non-issue.

Or I might just say fvck it and keep the IB and everything as it is....in fact right now this is about where I am at.
There is a good chance I am going to stay here another year..I am asking for a raise at work and if it goes thru then I am staying.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   John Wes

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator

• 202 posts

Posted January 29 2005 - 04:08 AM

If your still interested in selling them, PM me a price. I might be interested...

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Tom-K

Tom-K

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts

Posted January 31 2005 - 07:43 AM

Same here James, I might be interested in those also. How much are you asking for them?