What's new

Question For Behringer BFD owners (1 Viewer)

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
It looks like only advanced features are 20 filters instead of 12 (one channel) and 96kHz sampling frequency.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
I think that if you are just EQ-ing your sub, the higher sampling rate isn't that big a benefit at the low frequencies you'll be working with. Not sure about the filters, though..

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
20 Filters would be overkill for most of us, methinks.

My first pass with the BFD, I burned 11 filters...then I boned up on how to use this thing, and am getting +/- 2 dB from 80 Hz down with only 4 filters.

I also agree that the 96K sampling is wasted on sub work, but it is possible that, if the overall SQ is improved, it may be useable for main channel work....but I have my doubts.

BGL

MingL

Stunt Coordinator
The only advantage I can see with this new BFD is the possibility of center channel EQ-ing.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Nothing special for sub EQ'ers except for some extra bands to do more EQing. Like the others said, more than twelve (like the current BFD) is more than enough.

I used nine filters in my first go with the BFD. Now I use between six to eight. I have multiple presets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks