What's new

SOPRANOS Season 6: Season Finally!!!.. Episode 12: "KAISHA" (1 Viewer)

Bryan_O

Agent
If you're asking about season 6 on HBO, it's still another year away. I don't think a firm date for airing is set, but if I remeber right, Spring '06 was the target.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I thought filming was supposed to start in Jan05, they must have pushed it back.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
They are (supposedly) doing table reads now, with expected shoots end of Feb/early March, and HBO to start the series Jan '06.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, January '06 would be a LITTLE better than March '06 as had initially been rumored. It's still another bloody year away, though! :angry:

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
UGH! I am going through Tony withdrawl! I watched the marathon that HBO 2 did about a month ago, and it was the first time in years I had watched the show. I got spoiled by the nightly fix. I want to go get the dvds to tide me over for a bit, but as expensive as they are I cant yet. I was going to wait for season 5 to hit so I could take advantage of most places doing bundle discounts like Best Buy, but with season 6 not starting for another year, Season 5 probably wont street until Christmas this year. UGH!

I need my Tony fix. Hopefully my tax refund will cover the first four seasons.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That's cool.

At least this way, the break will be a normal amount of time between episodes instead of 20 months:)

As much as I love the show, they should take these extra eight episodes and use them to wrap up the series and go out as one of the best TV series ever made.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Their trying to pull a Sex in the City on us. The'll probably make two DVD sets too.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
>> They'll probably make two DVD sets too.

Likely, yes. Just before Christmas, just before the last run of 8 starts up... seems pretty much a 'given' to expect...

I won't complain (though I'd hope for some GREAT extras on a release that had just 8 shows on it... a few thorough retrospective documentaries, deleted scenes and/or alternate takes, makings-of, gag reels... stuff absent or mostly absent from all prior releases tacked onto the final set... that would be nice). Just thrilled to be getting 20 more hours of The Sopranos.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's also going to be a full (HBO) season of episodes on the first set too. It's the second set where there will be 8 episodes where everyone will be crying even more than usual about the price.

Dax, putting a big doc on the 8 episode set is great idea especially if it's the end of the series. :)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
This is great news as we were originally told this season would be short not longer.

The wait between seasons is killer though. Deadwood just ended a couple months ago and theyre already working on S3 and looking at the new season starting around the same time as Sopranos.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
OH MY GOD!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I went to a party recently where a friend of mine who works on the show brought a promotional SOPRANOS DVD with him with an extended trailer on it.

It looks as good as ever and seemed to concentrate on Carmela dealing with the consequences of being Tony's wife.

Some of the guest stars that will be on are Lauren Bacall and Ben Kingsley among others.

Soon as the show starts up, all the complaining about its absense will quickly fade.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Any word on whether Johnny Sack will return? I would hate to lose him out of the cast. He was such a great foil for Tony.

Whaddaya want, a Whitman Sampler? :D

I've been watching the little "Sopranos Season XXX in 3 minutes" with HBO On Demand in anticipation, but they only have the first 3 seasons available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks