What's new

Warner's "Bonus Episode" Bonanza (1 Viewer)

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
TVshowsondvd.com the greatest website in the world, has posted the info related to the Bonus episodes that it plans to include in its sets next month.

I was planning on buying Murphy Brown and Night Court, so I am extremely excited about getting the "Perfect Strangers" episode. I am disappointed I won't be getting Growing Pains or Head of the Class, but I can't see buying a set of a show I don't like just to get one episode of a show that I hope will get its own season sets someday.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Season 1
Family Matters - "The Mama Who Came to Dinner"
Head of the Class - "Pilot"

Wayans Bros. Season 1
Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - "Hangin' with Michelle"
The Redd Foxx Show - "Good Samaritan"

Jamie Foxx Season 1
Living Single - "A Kiss Before Lying"
Whose Line Is It Anyway - "Show #103"

Murphy Brown Season 1
My Sister Sam - "Sam Russell, Man Stealer"
Room for Two - "Not Quite Room for Two"

Night Court Season 1
Perfect Strangers - "Maid to Order"
Whose Line Is It Anyway - "Show #103"

Full House Season 1
Growing Pains - "Jealousy"
Step by Step - "Pilot"

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I share the same feeling... after looking at TVSOD's list I was sorely wishing that the 2 bonus episodes with Night Court were Living Single & Whose Line. Unfortunately, I don't love Living Single enough to purchase a show I could care less about just to get 1 ep that, hopefully, WB will be releasing in season sets sometime soon.

I wonder if these bonus shows are giving us a glimpse of the next wave of WB sets due in June...?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The only set I'll be buying is Family Matters, and I'm glad to get the Growing Pains bonus episode. I would love the Perfect Strangers episode, but I don't want Night Court. I hope this is a sign that Perfect Strangers will be out at some point in the near future.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

As Gord says in the news story, probably not. None of those shows are guaranteed to get their own DVD sets separately. He was specifically told that.

As for me, I am getting Night Court, Fresh Prince, Murphy, and Full House. Since I'll get "WLiiA - Show #103" on the Night Court bonus disc, the only other one I'll miss is the Mr. Cooper episode on the Wayan's Bros. set that I have no interest in. I hope that episode shows up on another bonus disc later in a future wave. Otherwise I'll just do without.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, I was for sure going to get Night Court, and still will...but I'm going to have a harder time justifying other purchases that might contain another show I want...The Jamie Foxx show for example which I have never seen.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I wish Warners would dig deeper into its history and include bonus episodes of such shows as Maverick and 77 Sunset Strip .

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
I was alreay planning on getting Fresh Prince, Night Court and Murpthy Brown
I wasn't planing on getting Full House but now I think I will so I can get Growing Pains and Step by Step. Considering Jamie Foxx for the Living Single and Wayon Brothers for Hanging with Mr Copper episodes.

Perhaps I'll just get them all and then get the $50 rebate. Each one is only about $20.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

La-la! I can't hear a word you're saying! La-la-la!

:D

Seriously, I know that means not to get any hopes up at all, but I still am hopeful for an eventual Perfect Strangers release. Not this year, but maybe shortly after that. Of course, they did tell me "no plans" at the last WB chat, so. . . .

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
I have to admit.....I have never even heard of "Room for Two". I went to epguides.com to try and jog my recollection and......I still don't remember it.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I think we can expect to see comedy episodes on comedy sets, and dramas on drama sets. The first wave just happened to feature all comedy sets.

Gord

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The only set I'm getting is Fresh Prince so I'm a little disappointed that the only three shows on the bonus discs I care about (Step By Step, Growing Pains, and WLIIA) I'll miss out on. Here's hoping for eventual seperate releases of them all.

The only one I am tempted to get there is "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Season 1" (lord help me), but the include of the "Whose Line" episodes encourages me. Although I have probably seen re-runs of all the episodes, it is one of the few "game show" style programs that I would love to see on DVD.

However, with so much coming out in March/April/May, it is very difficult to justify any of them at the moment. Me want, me want!

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I was hoping that some of the bonus episodes would come from the Spielberg/Warner animation collaborations ("Tiny Toon Adventures", "Animaniacs", "Pinky And The Brain" and "Freakazoid!"). I was hoping it would be that way since Warner seems to have no interest in releasing these cartoons on DVD.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

When's the next Warner chat anyway? I want to know if mine is a lost cause.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If Dallas season 3 is coming, a "Bonus episode" that would make sense is the Knots Landing premiere episode, as a Dallas episode from that season leads into the spinoff series, and Patrick Duffy appears in the KL pilot.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I think the idea of bonus episodes is so beyond cool. I love it. Warner you guys rock very cool idea.

Even though i'm only getting Fresh Prince of Bel-Air if I could rent the rest I defintly would because it would be great to see all these other shows. I'd love to see Step By Step again.

I'm really excited because I just found out about Head of the Class the other day when I was looking up Billy Connolly. I'm so looking forward to see this show. It will be neat to see the first episode of Family Matters too.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
I'm surprised ROC wasn't on this wave as a bonus. Since Jamie Foxx was in that show. She's the Sheriff would have been good, too, since Suzanne Somers was in it.

I would have done this (changes in bold) ...

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Season 1

* Family Matters - "The Mama Who Came to Dinner"
* Head of the Class - "Pilot"

Wayans Bros. Season 1

* Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - "Hangin' with Michelle" (good promotion for Full House here)
* The Redd Foxx Show - "Good Samaritan"

Jamie Foxx Season 1

* ROC - any episode with Jamie Foxx
* Whose Line Is It Anyway - "Show #103"

Murphy Brown Season 1

* My Sister Sam - "Sam Russell, Man Stealer"
* Room for Two - "Not Quite Room for Two"

Night Court Season 1

* Perfect Strangers - "Maid to Order"
* She's the Sheriff - "Pilot"

Full House Season 1

* Growing Pains - "Jealousy"
* Step by Step - "Pilot"

Oh, I want Perfect Strangers season sets NOW!!! :)

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I hate the idea of these bonus discs, it's like dangling a bone in front of us, and not letting us have it :angry: If these shows on the bonus discs never get season sets, I think alot of people will be ticked off. :angry:

I'm not gonna buy a show I don't like, just to get one episode of a show I do like.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I actually think the way that Universal is releasing bonus episodes (The A-Team, Magnum, and Knight Rider will all have episodes from the other's shows as bonuses) makes more sense from a marketing standpoint. I imagine that there will be consumers who would want to buy a set based on the bonus episode, as the three Universal shows are similar in genre and style.

But what is the point with this Warners campaign? None of the shows are out on DVD and I don't see how they can discern which ones attract the most interest. Will they have some sort of survey later on? And they are combining popular shows (Growing Pains, Living Single) with some really obscure ones (I had to look up Room for Two as well).

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
First let me say that I am on the list of people that don't know anything about room for 2.

This is a celebration of Warner's TV history. So why not showcase shows that are apart of your history but aren't out on DVD? Sure, it might make sense for them to put bonus episodes of Murphy Brown on the Fresh Prince DVD or whatever to make people aware that those sets are also available, but that's not what they're trying to do. I really like the idea, and I'm not sure that they are intending that they will use information from these sales to gage which of those bonus shows to push for a full release, I mean I'm a big fan of Whose Line, but I won't by Jamie Foxx just for one episode.

So, I think this is Warner's way of saying look at all the different kinds of TV shows we've made over the years. Its a good strategy because most people don't associate the show with the studio that produces it, they associate the show with the network that airs it. Friends = NBC not Warner. So this way WB can say look at all these shows we've made over the years that you have enjoyed.

That's the real point I think.

Universal is trying to get people interested in specific shows.
Warner is trying to celebrate its library of shows.

I commend them for it. Now, about those chapter stops...

Edit: Is it just me or is the episode of Whose Line on the Jamie Foxx show the same as the one on Night Court? It looks like they are both episode 103.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks