Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Blind Justice ongoing thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#1 of 66 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted January 26 2005 - 03:01 AM

Did anyone see the commercials for the new detective show airing after NYPD Blue is done on ABC? It is about a NY cop who after a shooting goes blind. And with his other senses hightened and his detective skills helps solves crimes with the police still. It stars Ron Eldard from ER.

I guess the producers watched Daredevil a few times.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 66 OFFLINE   Sean Moon

Sean Moon

Screenwriter

• 2,045 posts

Posted January 26 2005 - 03:22 AM

Hate the title of the show. The commercial was a tad silly. But I really like Ron Eldard, so I will give the show a few chances. Hopefully it is good.

Now all we need is Rutger Hauer to guess star as another blind man, but as a vigilante with a sword. The episode should be called "Blind Justice's Fury"
http://doctordoom.blogspot.com

We must stand in awe of the infinite capacity of the human mind to reject the introduction of useful knowledge.

#3 of 66 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted January 26 2005 - 03:26 AM

I'm just not seeing it...
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#4 of 66 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted January 26 2005 - 03:50 AM

Quote:
I guess the producers watched Daredevil a few times.
Ah, but was Stan Lee aware of Zatoichi when he created Matt Murdock?

Still, I don't think this character is like Murdock or Ichi in that he doesn't have any radar/sonar that take the place of eyesight. Besides, it's always nice to see "insane Bochco" come out every once in a while.
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#5 of 66 OFFLINE   Jim DiJoseph

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted January 26 2005 - 05:04 AM

Patrick! BOOOOOO! Posted Image
Remember...no matter where you go, there you are.

#6 of 66 OFFLINE   Sean Moon

Sean Moon

Screenwriter

• 2,045 posts

Posted January 26 2005 - 05:04 AM

Bochco is making this? Hmmm, interest level goes up +1
http://doctordoom.blogspot.com

We must stand in awe of the infinite capacity of the human mind to reject the introduction of useful knowledge.

#7 of 66 OFFLINE   Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts
  • LocationAnaheim. CA

Posted January 26 2005 - 06:30 AM

I thought it was James Franciscus as Longstreet. Eldard even looks a bit like Franciscus.
I have learned that some pain cannot be healed, but must be endured. I believe our Higher Power will help us to endure and find peace. I loved the boy with the utmost love of which my soul is capable and he is taken from me-yet in the agony of my spirit in surrendering such a treasure, I feel a thousand times richer than if I had never possessed it."
-- William Wordsworth 1812

#8 of 66 OFFLINE   Keith I

Keith I

Screenwriter

• 1,000 posts
  • LocationFive-Oh!

Posted March 08 2005 - 06:55 PM

The premiere was so-so. The commercials also reminded me of Daredevil, using his blindness as a gimmick to stand out from the standard police dramas.

The story and case were plain and his issues (home life, co-workers) were standard and uninteresting. Even his dog didn't get much action. When he challenged the cop to grab his gun, I knew it was going to pay off later and when it did, it was so obvious and forced.
-

#9 of 66 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 11:53 PM

I'll keep recording it until it goes bye-bye for now.

I can't get used to Dunbar's new cop partner being so talkative because she used to be on Cold Case as the girlfriend of Danny's with psychological problems, and was pretty subdued as that character, but she's easy on the eyes, too bad for Dunbar in that respect.

It does look like they'll be playing up the other heightened senses of Dunbar's, plus tossing in a lot of deductive reasoning by Dunbar to solve the cases.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#10 of 66 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 03:24 AM

Anyone know what was on his wife's(?) t-shirt that they blurred out? It was incredibly distracting. I must know! Posted Image

#11 of 66 OFFLINE   Alf S

Alf S

Screenwriter

• 1,473 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 03:30 AM

Not sure this show will catch on...seemed to slow and uninteresting to me.
WOOSAH!.

#12 of 66 OFFLINE   Martino

Martino

Supporting Actor

• 657 posts
  • LocationSanta Clara, CA

Posted March 09 2005 - 03:50 AM

Seems like the show is trying too hard with this gimmick. The previews make it look like he was blinded in the line of duty, but instantly develops his other senses so he can resume his old job. It just doesn't work that way...your other senses might gradually get better, but not that quickly. He also seems to be able to use his cane and dog quickly too...

It just seems like another sighted actor badly portraying a blind person. I don't believe he is blind for a second.

I'll be skipping this one.

#13 of 66 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted March 09 2005 - 10:26 AM

Don't be so Johnny-on-the-spot with the hammer and nails, Patrick, my God it's only the first episode, don't dig it's grave prematurly.

I loved the show! I really bought into Dunbar's determination, he's refusing to let his disability hinder his professional life and I hooked into that right away. Plus, he's a very likable charactor, Ron Eldard is perfectly cast in this.

I'm definatly on board with this show, i'm looking forward to next weeks ep.

And my, my, my, I found myself a new honey in Marisol Nichols, she's drop dead bangin! Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#14 of 66 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 05:37 PM

I noticed some very DD like poses in some of the shots..

It was ok. I like Stephen Bochco cop shows though.

#15 of 66 OFFLINE   Joseph S

Joseph S

Screenwriter

• 2,865 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 08:09 PM

Quote:
Don't be so Johnny-on-the-spot with the hammer and nails, Patrick, my God it's only the first episode, don't dig it's grave prematurly.

It's dead, bring on the Katherine Heigl eye candy medical drama and reruns of Boston Legal. Even the Tim Daly show looks OK in comparison. This and the Stamos show are dead on arrival. Posted Image

#16 of 66 OFFLINE   RAF

RAF

Lead Actor

• 7,062 posts

Posted March 10 2005 - 02:40 AM

Episode #1 held my interest enough to bring me back for more in my post-NYPDBlue recovery period. And, as others have said, Bochco adds another plus.

Question: Is this series based at all on the British mini-series, Second Sight? A friend recommended SS to me and I've got the DVDs but haven't watched them yet.
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
CLICK HERE to visit My HT HTF Rules and Regulations

#17 of 66 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted March 10 2005 - 04:25 AM

I wonder if they will ever use any Daredevil references. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#18 of 66 OFFLINE   JamieD

JamieD

Supporting Actor

• 557 posts

Posted March 10 2005 - 04:30 AM

The whole thing sounds like a marketing meeting..

"See, we've got this cop, see.. and he's blinded.. tragically! And then we can have a DOG! And his partner.. well, that'll be a hot woman! And get this for the name, you're going to love this Jerry.. BLIND JUSTICE! It can't fail!"
My Small (But Prized) DVD Collection!

"Actually, I am in really bad shape financially."

#19 of 66 OFFLINE   Bryan Toth

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted March 10 2005 - 05:59 AM

Quote:
Seems like the show is trying too hard with this gimmick. The previews make it look like he was blinded in the line of duty, but instantly develops his other senses so he can resume his old job. It just doesn't work that way...your other senses might gradually get better, but not that quickly. He also seems to be able to use his cane and dog quickly too...

Well ... I don't know how long blind people actually have to work with a guide dog, etc ... but I believe it's supposed to be about a year from the time of the shooting until he returned to duty.
btw, I love that Marisol Nichols is on a weekly show ... I've always found her quite attractive ever since (don't laugh) "Vegas Vacation" (sort of off-topic here, but I thought Vegas Vacation was horrible the first time I saw it, and now think it's hilarious ....)

Bryan

#20 of 66 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted March 10 2005 - 06:53 AM

Quote:
bring on the Katherine Heigl eye candy

Now your speaking my language! Posted Image

My devotion to Katherine goes way back to My Father the Hero when I could just tell she was a hottie waiting to happen. My keen intuition was later confirmed when I saw Under Siege 2. She was also the only reason to watch Roswell. If that's what Aliens look like, i'm on the wrong freaking planet! Posted Image

I'm looking forward to her new show.

As for the Stamos show Jake In Progress, I hope it does alright, it stars another of my all time lucious honies Madchen Amick. I nearly shit my pants when I first saw her on Twin Peaks! Posted Image

BTW, enough with the DD jokes already, he's blind and Eldard's blind, HA HA, we get it. Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow