What's new

Subwoofer makes rattling noise in my trunk (1 Viewer)

Marcus D

Agent
I have two 10's in my trunk in a box and I notice when I get out of my car the trunk makes a loud rattling noise. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting rid of or at least reducing the rattling?

Jason Fulton

Agent
Sound deadening. Your best bet is to go to a lowes (if you have one around you) and pick up some peel and seal, its sold in the roofing section and comes in about 6in by 12ft rolls. It sounds like all you are really concerned with is the rattling, so just doing the actual hatch of hte car, and maybe around the rest of hte back would be sufficient. YOu could get by with one roll, although two may not be a bad idea. Its very easy work, simply clean off the surface, acetone works well, dry it off and stick the stuff on. You can also double it up, which you will need to do in some areas. The best thing to do is the entire trunk, as in spare tire well, and well basically everywhere except where sound would enter into the car the most. In most cases I've noticed deadening the trunk to yield a huge increase in spl.

Users who are viewing this thread