-

Photo
- - - - -

What do you think of the Epson Livingstation LS57P2 LCD 57" Projection TV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Don G

Don G

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted January 23 2005 - 10:35 AM

I am considering buying an Epson Livingstation LS57P2 LCD 57" rear projection TV. It looks pretty good. Any thoughts, opinions, comments on this TV?

Thanks,

Don G

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jackson L

Jackson L

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted January 23 2005 - 04:24 PM

I have seen the TV in a store and the picture looked good at a glance. I just don't see the need for a photo printer in my TV. Posted Image
IF everything seems all right then you've obviously overlooked something.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   JerryNO

JerryNO

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted March 20 2005 - 01:33 PM

I've had mine for a month. It's the LS47P2. I could find little about it at the time, but there's a strong thread on avsforum.com that dates from November. Search for Livingstation.

I had a good experience ordering from TVAuthority.com

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Arthur S

Arthur S

Screenwriter

• 2,572 posts

Posted March 21 2005 - 04:46 AM

The current version of Sound&Vision has a test of the LS57P2. This is their summary:

PLUS:
Tightly integrated printer functionality.
Accurate color.
Excellent Detail

MINUS:
Pincushion distortion.
Screen-Door Effect.

And this:

"Epson's first foray into rear projection shows the promise of a company with technical prowess and the vision to step outside the box. The LS57P2 is a good RPTV that offers image-quality tradeoffs similar to those of other sets in its class. But as a lifestyle product it's a truly unique solution for getting your images out of the home office computer and into the living room. It won't appeal to everyone, but digital photographers who are tired of being shackled to a PC may find the Livingstation an option they can really live with."