What's new

Forgotten shows (1 Viewer)

Chris_Wa

Agent
There are so many guys on here who mention shows that were maybe 1-2 seasons.....some even less than a season and I say "I REMEMBER THAT!" that I wanted to start something where I could mention a few shows I liked - or remember liking when I was much younger - and see what you could all add (so I could go "I REMEMBER THAT!" again :)).

1.Movin' On - a series about 2 truckers. IIRC, this hit during the mid 70's big-rig fad...C.W. McCall, et al.

2.Nutt House - Harvey Korman and Chloris Leachman....late 80's? - Harvey cracks me up regardless what he does.

3.Salvage I. - 1979? One season?

4.Turnabout - I think 1 season or less. John Shuck and a pre-Cagney and Lacey Sharon Gless.

5.Julia - 1970? I remember being grounded from watching it one week because I was a bad kid that day....heh heh

6. There was a show with Lulu and Shakin' Stevens on Saturday afternoons.....kind of a variety musical show. Maybe British in origin - early-mid 80's?

Thats all that comes immediately to mind.....I have flashbacks of old shows always though.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Of all 1970s series, "Movin' On" would be near the top of the list of what I'd like to see on dvd. But, considering what a wildly remote possibility such a release would be, it's not something I spend much mental energy pondering.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
The two shows that I would love to see on DVD are Airwolf and the short-lived Streethawk. I'm hoping they will be but I'm not holding out much hope.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Otherworld and Quark, to go along neatly with Salvage 1.

Salvage 1 had a double-length pilot, 12 more episodes in the first season (including a 2-parter airing on separate weeks), then the 2-part (separate weeks) Season 2 premiere, then it was cancelled. That left 4 unaired episodes from the second season. 1 pilot telefilm and 18 weekly episodes.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
"Manimal", with the immortal Simon MacCorkindale. Loved that show. Also, some rare kids shows, including "Big John, Little John" and "Shazam/Isis". There were a whole bunch of cool educational shows on PBS when I was a kid, including "Ripples", "Inside Out", "Art Cart", "Art Starts", "All About You", and a music show, the name of which escapes me for the moment, but it was hosted by two women, one skinny with long brunette hair, and one chubby with short light-brownish wavy hair. One more educational kids show classic: "Vision On", of British origin, the logo of which was the title written in cursive, stood on end, and placed back-to-back with a mirror image of itself, resulting in something that looked like a bug with googly eyes. Anyone remember any of these shows?

Chris_Wa

Agent
Big John/Little John - Shazam and Isis - I remember them well. I wonder since Land of the Lost is coming (or is out?) if these will as well? What was the one with Diedre Hall - Wonder Woman(?) and Dyna-girl?

Wasn't Patrick Duffy the Man from Atlantis? I remember his strange eyes and webbed hands - heh heh.

Airwolf was cool too - my Dad taped every episode of that :)

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
What about the show with Hugh O'Brian and Burgess Meredith about super spys with cameras in their buttons and earpieces so conversations with the bad guys could be monitored and situations improvised? Search, a really hi-tech looking show on NBC wednesday nights in the late sixties or early seventies. Maybe one to one and a half seasons.

Longstreet with James Franciscus as a blind insurance investigator with a white german shepherd seeing eye dog. I've wondered if this was inspiration for "Blind Justice"?

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
O geezeers, I remember catching the reruns of Manimal I think on the Sci-Fi channel many moons ago. I didn't like it as much as I thought I did.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

I'd second that opinion! :) I'd also love "Automan". I'm sure it's terribly compared to how I remember it, but I'd still love to have it. I remember watching Auto & Manimal back-to-back on my local stations. :)

Airwolf & Streethawk would certainly be welcome. Man From Atlantis. :laugh: Yup, Patrick Duffy. I recall trying to swim like that. Didn't work so well without the webbing. :D

Randi

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to see The Human Target from the early 90s with Rick Springfield. It was based on a comic book I believe. I was only able to catch one episode and then I lost track of it- actually I got married so my attention was elsewhere. That marriage lasted about as long as the show.

Miss Randi

DeanC

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah great forgotten series but how about Trauma Centre.
It had Lou Ferrigno from Incrdible Hulk as an Ambulance Driver.

And how about Battle of the Network Stars. It used to have the 3 big stations ABC CBS and NBC battle it out every Spring during the shows breaks.

Those 2 series didn't last very long.

And what about Kids are People too. It was like a Jay Leno or Letterman talk show for Kids on Saturday mornings.
Had popular guests too.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I remember "Julia". It was a big deal at the time because it was the first time a series revolved around an African-American woman. Dianne Carroll was the star.

It ran for several seasons, but I was really young. I remember catching a couple of these in reruns on Chicago TV in the early 90s. Sweet stuff, but pretty dated.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
A few shows I loved when I was younger...would love to try them on again as an adult:

BJ & The Bear (stop snickering! :))

The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo (I told you to STOP
SNICKERING! :D)

The Quest (Western with Kurt Russell and Tim Matheson)

The Phoenix (Judson Scott as an alien; OK...who's that
still snickering?!? :b)

Lucan (Kevin Brophy as a wild-child raised by wolves)

James at 15/16

The Invisible Man (David McCallum; showed up briefly on Sci-Fi a while back)

Lucas Tanner (David Hartman as a teacher, also included Robbie Rist)

The White Shadow (loved seeing it again on TVLand a few years ago)

Fifteen

The Invaders

E/R (medical comedy with Elliott Gould and several other well-knowns, as well as a young George Clooney. Prophetic?)

Medical Center (Was there any female my age who didn't have a crush on Dr. Gannon?)

Trapper John, MD

Emergency! (This show was probably part of the reason I went into the medical field; also showed up totally butchered on TVLand a while back)

Quincy (still shown occasionally on Hallmark, I believe)

Alias Smith and Jones

Chase

I would also LOVE to have some of the films I remember seeing as a child on the old Kukla Fran & Ollie show...particularly one entitled "Hand In Hand".

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Another one, and I believe Mel Brooks had something to do with it, was "When Things Were Rotten." I seem to recall (none too clearly) that it was set in the time of Robin Hood, and that it was pretty funny. That is, when I could see it on the rare occasions my mom wasn't monopolizing the TV.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I remember INSIDE OUT. There was also THINK ABOUT. Both very similar. 15 minute or so movies where at the end the kid learns a lesson. Used to watch them when I was home sick from school.

Was ALL ABOUT YOU the nutrition one?

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Sometimes I wonder if there is any show so unloved and forgotten that nobody wants it on DVD or even remembers it. I once contemplated starting a thread called "Shows Nobody Wants on DVD", but every show seems to have at least one fan. There are even people who have mentioned one of my obscure favorites, "The Highwayman", which I had been convinced no one but me ever liked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks