Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Forgotten shows

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#21 of 98 JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,793 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 04:57 AM

Sable
SeaQuest
Superboy
Karen Sisco (Not when I was younger,but was never given a chance)
Hermans Head
Tales From The Crypt (HBO)
Dream On (HBO)
Leaning The Ropes (Anyone remember this one?)
It's Your Move

#22 of 98 RandyAW

RandyAW

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 05:02 AM

I remember Sable, still got a couple of episodes on some old beta tapes I recorded.Dont remember much about it but it sure seemed cool to me at the time. I might have to dig that old beta player out someday and see just how well it probably doesnt hold up now..Posted Image

#23 of 98 Mark-N

Mark-N

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 05:11 AM

Jeffrey,

The show you recall with the two singing women sounds like THE MAGIC GARDEN, which aired on WPIX in New York in the 70's/80's. Their names were Carole and Paula, and they're apparently still active performers to this day. They have a website that sells VHS tapes of some of the old shows...not sure if they offer DVDs or not.

As for ISIS, I spoke with Joanna Cameron at a convention a few months ago, and she had with her a petition to get the series released on DVD. Seems that a UK-based company has the rights to the Filmation library, and she's actively trying to get them to release the series, and wants to be involved with extras and new on-camera intros.

Mark

#24 of 98 Mark Silver

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 05:14 AM

I second the vote for "Street Hawk". That show was Awesome.

Also, does anyone else remember a short lived ABC show called "PROBE". It starred Parker Stevenson and Isaac Asimov had something to do with it. He would solve mysteries using science. It was great.

#25 of 98 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 15,964 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 25 2005 - 08:25 AM

i would like to see,

Hot L Baltimore.
i dont remember much but i do remember it being somewhat ahead of it's time in terms of dialogue, being more adult then the typical sitcom.

facebook.com/whotony

#26 of 98 Claude North

Claude North

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 08:27 AM

He and She: Emmy Award winning, ahead of its time sitcom starring Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentiss.

The Mothers-in-Law: Eve Arden and Kaye Ballard as next door neighbors and in-laws.

3 Girls 3: Debbie Allen, Mimi Kennedy, and Ellen Foley as the stars of a variety show. (I still remember all the words to the theme song, and this ran for only a few weeks one summer...)

#27 of 98 Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 08:36 AM

Here's one I'd love to see on DVD:

Philip Marlowe, Private Eye (HBO) - This was a short-lived series of hour-long segments featuring Powers Boothe as the Raymond Chandler detective. HBO produced two brief seasons of this series, one five episodes and the other six episodes. The quality and detail that went into this series made it one of my favorite series during the 1980's, and I for one wouldn't mind seeing this all over again in DVD format.
"I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise."

"Attention all personnel. Tonight's movie is a holdover from last week and will be shown right after supper, which is also a holdover from last week."

#28 of 98 TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 15,964 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 25 2005 - 09:09 AM

jonz, dream on season one is on dvd now.

another onw i just thought of, Ellery Queen mysterys.

is that what it was called?

facebook.com/whotony

#29 of 98 Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers

Second Unit

• 437 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 11:09 AM

#30 of 98 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,381 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted January 25 2005 - 12:43 PM

Hi, Linda, (nope, I'm not "snickering" Posted Image These are the ones from your list that I'd like as well. BTW, that's a good list of yours; a lot of variety.

BJ & The Bear
The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo
The Invaders
Alias Smith and Jones

Quote:
Hey, y'all ARE voting for these at TVShowsOnDVD, right?

Thanks for the reminder Dave L Posted Image I had some of these on the TVSoDVD list but I need to update it.

TonyD: I hope Philly wins it too but...I think the Pats will win Posted Image Maybe you can tell me "I told you so" in 2 weeks Posted Image

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#31 of 98 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,378 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
I hope Philly wins it too but...I think the Pats will win
I SURE the Oilers will finally take it this year! Err....

LUV YA BLUE! Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#32 of 98 Rob P S

Rob P S

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 02:28 PM

Whiz Kids
Blansky's Beauties
Working Stiffs
WKRP in Cincinnati
Starman
Equal Justice
I'll Fly Away
Homefront
Brooklyn Bridge
Against the Grain
American High
George & Leo
Shannon's Deal

#33 of 98 Chris_Wa

Chris_Wa

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 03:45 PM

Sheriff Lobo! OMG.....Perkins used to crack me up - the one I really remember was Perkins reading a speech on 'bravery'..."What is bravery. Bravery is something you are born with." What was the blond haired guy "Birdie"?!

I always liked Vegas and Spencer for Hire. Then I think "Hawk" was a series too.

The Ellery Queen mysteries....Philip Marlow was the first time I had ever seen Powers Booth (I think). Another one was Mike Hammer.

How about Hello Larry - I think Maclain Stevens shot himself in the career foot leaving Mash for that.

Its Your Move was great too.

Man....these are bringing up some great memories. Posted Image
I didn't say it would be easy. I just said it would be the truth." - Morpheus

#34 of 98 Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter

• 1,049 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 25 2005 - 05:12 PM

"The show you recall with the two singing women sounds like THE MAGIC GARDEN, which aired on WPIX in New York in the 70's/80's. Their names were Carole and Paula, and they're apparently still active performers to this day. They have a website that sells VHS tapes of some of the old shows...not sure if they offer DVDs or not."

No, that's not the one, but it still looks pretty cool! Never heard of it before. Perhaps the show I'm looking for was produced locally in Seattle, and only shown on our PBS affiliate, KTCS 9.

"As for ISIS, I spoke with Joanna Cameron at a convention a few months ago, and she had with her a petition to get the series released on DVD. Seems that a UK-based company has the rights to the Filmation library, and she's actively trying to get them to release the series, and wants to be involved with extras and new on-camera intros."

Now that would be GREAT if it came to fruition! Hope that would include "Shazam" as well! Thanks much for the info, Mike!!!

#35 of 98 Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor

• 762 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 07:41 PM

Another one I just thought of was Carter Country. This was a huge hit with my family, since it was set in small town Georgia. It came out around the time Jimmy Carter was running for President in '76.
The shape I'm in you could donate my body to science fiction! - Rodney Dangerfield, "Back to School"

#36 of 98 Drew Mertz

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 07:53 PM

The Vacant Lot from the mid 90s on Comedy Central. I thought that was the funniest sketch comedey show I've ever seen. Though It only lasted 6 episodes.

#37 of 98 DavidofLondon

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 09:03 PM

I'd like to see two Ben Murphy series

Alias Smith and Jones

and

Gemini Man (replaced the David McCallum Invisible Man series from the previous season, thinking about it wouldn't mind the Daid McCallum series either)

#38 of 98 BenjaminX

BenjaminX

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted January 27 2005 - 04:26 AM

Blossom & Rhoda
Long Live DVD!

#39 of 98 Mark To

Mark To

Supporting Actor

• 574 posts

Posted January 27 2005 - 04:44 AM

Alias Smith and Jones is running every weekday on Encore Westerns, complete, commercial free and beautifully remastered. I'm recording them to DVD myself and not relying on Universal to get around to it. I would suggest you do the same.

#40 of 98 DougFND

DougFND

Second Unit

• 250 posts

Posted January 27 2005 - 05:42 AM

Movin' On! Man, I hadn't thought about that in a long, long time. I was born in 1971 and tvtome.com shows it airing from '74 - '76, but I do remember it. I was crazy about trucks back then, just like a lot of other boys my age.

Of course, I was crazy about BJ and the Bear. I couldn't believe it when I looked it up at tvtome.com last year and saw that there were only 24 episodes ever produced. It was one of the "important" shows of my childhood.

"I'm B.J. McKay and this is my best friend, Bear" Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow