Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Where to check out projectors in Houston, TX?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Michael Allen

Michael Allen

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted January 23 2005 - 07:23 AM

Hi folks,

I have been looking at projectors online and and reading reviews...but now I am to the point where I want to go take a few for a test drive.

Can any of you Houston folks recommend good places to go see projectors in action?

Thanks,
Mike
Michael Allen

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Demetrius

Demetrius

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted January 23 2005 - 08:01 AM

There are several places to look. I purchased a Runco at Intercotinental Theater and Sound in The Woodlands. The have a nice Runco 1000 in their Demo room. Actually Gallery Furniture has several demo rooms and you can spend time in them without a lot of pressure. If you go to Audio Concepts they have a nice demo rooms but I felt a little too much sales pressure. The Home Theater Store is an option to view, but they didn't help me that much. These are my thoughts anyway.
Demetrius Roberts

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Arnie G

Arnie G

Supporting Actor

• 662 posts

Posted January 23 2005 - 03:00 PM

I want to take the plunge too. Does Tweeters have any projectors on display?
I've got my own Toto

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Demetrius

Demetrius

Agent

• 45 posts

Posted January 23 2005 - 03:24 PM

Tweeter generally has one projector set up in the store. The two stores that I remember had a Yamaha 1000 and at list price was pretty expensive compared to the readily available alternative projectors in the same class. I ended up with a Runco CL-710 for my project but I had a fairly liberal budget.
Demetrius Roberts

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Michael Allen

Michael Allen

Agent

• 34 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 12:34 AM

I have been to the Home Theater Store...but it's been several years ago...and I didn't really know what I was looking at.

Back then...they seemed to be pretty snooty. Not sure if that has changed.

Mike
Michael Allen