What's new

DUKES SEASON 2: Bonus preview clips! (1 Viewer)

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
Is anyone else looking forward to the release of THE DUKES OF HAZZARD (Season 2) this Tuesday, 1/25/05? Season 2 may have been the best season they ever did, but I go back and forth between it and Season 3.

For those interested in bonus materials, Season 2 features even more bonus materials than Season 1 did, one bonus being the original screen tests for John Schneider and Tom Wopat.

Check them out here at the official website, and while you're there, let Warner know they are doing a great job with the DUKES, and to speed up the release of the rest of the seasons!

http://www.warnervideo.com/dukesofhazzard/

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator
YEs...I am buying that and the Batman animated series volume 2 and Superman animated volume one.

I can't wait for these...and then two days from then my Direct TV will be totally cut off. I'll have no TV coming in my house...

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I can't wait as well. I'll be there bright and early Tueasday morning for this. I hope they do speed up the release schedule though... theres 5 more sets to go plus the 2 reunion movies.

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
RogerH: I am concerned that Warner will choose to either skip over Season 5 (where the first 15 episodes featured the temporary replacements 'Coy and Vance Duke', aka Byron Cherry & Christopher Mayer) or merely add the latter Season 5 episodes that featured the returning Schneider & Wopat to Season 6.

By the way, when Season 5 is released, will Coy and Vance be on the cover art?!?!

If Warner is listening: Season 5 needs to be released in full form, Coy and Vance episodes and all! Even if you don't care for the replacement Dukes, Sorrell Booke and James Best were absolutely more hillarious to make up for lost ground!

I wonder if the reunion movies will ever make it to DVD?

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I don't see why they wouldn't include the full season 5 yes Coy and Vance were bad but the scene where Bo and Luke came back and shake hands with them and Coy and Vance are never to be seen again was great :D

Some cover art must have Best and Booke :)

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I was slightly disappointed with the cover art for Season 2...it appears to be too similar to Season 1's box.

I was hoping for a Season 2-era cast photo to appear on the Season 2 box...because you are right, Booke, Best, as well as Denver Pyle, Sonny Shroyer, Rick Hurst and Ben Jones deserve it!

I'm pleased with the bonus materials for Season 2, but don't you wish more cast commentary would have been included? Let's hope for Season 3!

By the way, did everyone hear that the DUKES will return to American television on the CMT channel (Country Music Television) starting in February?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If I'm in for the long haul, that includes season 5. I'd rather have Coy and Vance in my collection than a big hole between 4 and 6. :) And, yes, I've been anxiously awaiting this release since I watched the last episode on the first set. I do hope Wopat is involved with the set in some way this time.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Yeah I haven't seen a complete list of the extras for season 2 in awhile but does anybody know whether Wopat is involved this time?

CMT here in Canada has been running the Dukes for awhile now infact The Dukes Hollywood reunion movie is on tonight.

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
According to tvshowsondvd.com the bonus materials for Season 2 are the following:

Screen Tests

Welcome to Dukesfest
-Dukesfest: The Event
-The Charge of the General Lees
-The Show Down
-The Stunt Show
-Music and Memories

Easter Egg: Where's Daisy Sketch

---

I have heard those cast members who attended Dukesfest are interviewed for the DVD, which I believe should include Schneider, Bach, Best, Shroyer, Jones and Hurst. It seems Tom Wopat is always too busy doing a Broadway show when it comes time to getting everyone's schedule together for these things.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
So no Wopat again? :frowning: Did he have a falling out with somebody or he is busy for real? I haven't heard him do anyting in ages.

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a pretty avid follower of all things DUKES, and to my knowledge, there has been no falling out between Wopat and the rest of the cast. It has always been my understanding that the cast is very close to this day, particuarly Schneider and Wopat (who were always very good friends). In fact, if you go to their individual websites, they provide links as to where you can purchase the other's CDs.

A couple of summers ago, Schneider and Wopat went out on a summer tour singing some of their post-DUKES country hits, and then doing a joint part of the show later with Sonny Shroyer, who was the special guest each night.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Well thats good to know. I'd hate to think the actors of one of my favorite all-time tv shows weren't getting along.

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
Greg_S_H/Roger:

Even though Season 5 featured Coy and Vance, I would argue to detractors that it was a unique season in several ways:

1. the interaction between the "new Dukes" and the rest of the cast is interesting to watch and evolve.

2. This is the only season where both Sonny Shroyer and Rick Hurst are featured as deputies at the same time, and I for one think it should have stayed that way once Schneider and Wopat returned. Both added their own touch to the show. I presume that when Shroyer returned to the series after his "Enos" show got cancelled, Hurst was retained to have as many familiar faces there as possible with the absence of Bo and Luke Duke. (In reality, Hurst appeared in Seasons 1-5, as he was featured as Cletus in the early seasons sporadically when Shroyer was unavailable for whatever reason.) It was nice to see that Hurst participated in the two reunion movies, too.

3. Booke and Best--comic geniuses! And their roles grew even bigger during the Coy and Vance era.

4. And the 15 episodes build up to the return of Bo and Luke, and one of the series' best episodes: "Welcome Back, Bo and Luke."

What do you think was the best episode of the Coy and Vance era? My pick: "Witness: Jesse Duke".

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I agree but don't get me wrong. I still liked it its just it seemed to me like they were trying a bit to hard to be Bo and Luke. But I haven't seen these episodes in ages so I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Mark, I have never watched too much TV, so I only saw a handful of episodes of the Dukes in its prime. Enough to know the characters and the car, but not enough to know much about season 5. In your opinion, how does the show's seasons stack up? You've said it's between 2 and 3 as the best, but how do you rank the other 5 seasons? If this upcoming season gets better than the stellar first, I'm in for a treat!

BTW, it blows my mind that Enos was Bear Bryant in Forrest Gump.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
As an avid "Dukes" follower myself as a kid, i saw pretty much every single show, too, and I would rank season 3 as the best, as they had some memorable shows, including the 2-hour "Carnival of Thrills", where Bo and Luke have a falling out over a woman who gets Bo to join her traveling stunt-driving show. I also believe season 3 had the Enos sendoff as well, which was good.

Season 4 was pretty good, but not on par with the first 3. Season 5 was abysmal, except for the return of Bo and Luke, the pairing of Enos and Cletus, and the introduction of Boss Hogg's Mean Green Machine, which appeared in 2 of the shows (the season opener that introduced Coy and Vance, and the one with Bo and Luke's return). One of the 2 also featured the great William Russ, pre-"Wiseguy".

Seasons 6-7 became progressively worse, to the point where they reached the nadir featuring the outer space alien who came to live at the Duke farm, whom they nicknamed "Lil'Cousin". No Emmys there, that's for sure. Everyone involved with the show at that point looked like they were ready for it to end. It should have in fact, ended, from a quality standpoint, at the end of season 4, when John and Tom left the show the first time. Things were never the same afterwards in terms of quality...

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator
Geez...How in heck do you guys remember the episodes after all these years? I watched it religiously too but can't for the life of me remember one single episode's plot.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
As for the different seasons the last 2 weren't as good as the others I agree but I still enjoyed them alot. I look forward to getting all the releases. Can't wait for season 2 tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks