What's new

Johnny Carson dies (1 Viewer)

LewB

Screenwriter
R.I.P. Floyd R. Turbo (American), Art Fern, Carnac, Aunt Blabby, et al.

Take the San Bernadino freeway to the Slawson cut off ...

In a number 2 size mayonnaise jar on Funk and Waggonalds porch sice noon today...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
RIP

It is weird. Earlier this week I read a story that Johnny still wrote some jokes and sent them to Letterman. Who used them on occasion.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I am from a generation that is probably not real familiar with the work of Johnny Carson but because of my sense of history and thanks to the age of recorded works, we are able to see just how great he is. Johnny Carson is more than just the man that Jay Lenno replaced.

R.I.P.

Gary_E

Second Unit
Carnac:

answer - UCLA

question - 'What happens when the smog lifts in Los Angeles?

Bye Johnny and thanks for some great memories.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Wow.

It was just revealed that he was still writing some jokes for Letterman.

~T

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
It is weird. Earlier this week I read a story that Johnny still wrote some jokes and sent them to Letterman. Who used them on occasion.
I heard a radio talkshow host discussing this earlier this week so Carson was on my mind when I heard this sad news.

RIP oh mighty Carnac the Magnificent. You will always be the only host of The Tonight Show IMO.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Johnny was a class act all the way. The funny moments with kids and everyday people rarely happens in late night anymore. Johnny was great with people whether a star or not.

Peace,

DM

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
On February 7, 1969 I was standing in a line of other soon to be inductees in the Air Force, at the airport in San Antonia. As the drill sergeant started barking at us to line up and head to the bus, I caught sight of a TV in the lounge at the airport. It was the Tonight Show and I still remember the image of Johnny, dark haired still. It was almost like a message that here was a symbol of, an icon our culture, who was there before I left and was there for another 20 years when I returned.

Johnny was not family, I did not know him, but his passing sends a twinge of realization of my own mortality.

To watch him over the years was to understand why he was called the King of Latenight.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Rest in Peace, Mr. Carson :frowning: The expression "one of the greats" is not a cliché when applied to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks