-

Photo
- - - - -

Scrubs Details/Artwork

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#1 of 50 OFFLINE   TomWoodward

TomWoodward

Second Unit

• 358 posts

Posted January 21 2005 - 11:20 AM

Hey!

Just posted the following up on our site:

Quote:
Buena Vista Home Entertainment has kindly sent over this first look at artwork for Scrubs which stars Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison and Neil Flynn. This four-disc set will be available to own from the 17th May this year, and should retail at around $49.99. As well as all twenty-four episodes of the first season, the set will also include a host of great bonus features including never-before-seen dream sequences and a fascinating retrospective documentary. We'll bring you the full disc specs, just as soon as the official announcement arrives.

And we've posted the first look at the artwork here Enjoy!
Tom Woodward
DVDActive.com

#2 of 50 OFFLINE   Martin_C

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted January 21 2005 - 11:36 AM

5th April! Thats earlier than expected.

So Amazon got the info wrong. I'm glad. I was kinda worried about it being a 3 disc set like it says on their website.

Great job at getting this info. I'm very happy to hear about there being loads of bonus material. I can't wait.

The cover picture blows, though. Where does that green-spoon thing come from? That doesn't look very medical now, does it. But I can live with that.

Now if they could just confirm that the music's intact, I'd be very very very happy.

I'm preordering this as soon as they official specs are out.

#3 of 50 OFFLINE   MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens

Producer

• 3,031 posts

Posted January 21 2005 - 11:46 AM

Awful awful coverart. I'm guessing the green spoon is supposed to be some kind of liquid medicine, but really horrible. I'll give them credit for trying to get across the tone of the show and create something that maybe looks a bit different, but really, didn't work at all.
Films watched in 2005 / 2006 / 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011
AFI Top 100 lists: Movies, Thrills - Completed / Laughs - 23 to go
Passions - 39 to go / Heroes & Villains - 10 to go / Songs - 42 to go

#4 of 50 OFFLINE   Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted January 21 2005 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
5th April! Thats earlier than expected.

So Amazon got the info wrong. I'm glad. I was kinda worried about it being a 3 disc set like it says on their website.

Actually, no offense to Tom, but he got the info wrong. The release is indeed May 17th. The "prebook" date (which is only for retailers to get their orders in) is April 5th.

#5 of 50 OFFLINE   TomWoodward

TomWoodward

Second Unit

• 358 posts

Posted January 21 2005 - 10:01 PM

Yeah, sorry, I did indeed get the date wrong. I added it about 10mins before I went to bed in a mad rush! May 17th it is then!
Tom Woodward
DVDActive.com

#6 of 50 OFFLINE   Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter

• 1,500 posts

Posted January 22 2005 - 01:00 AM

Quote:
should retail at around $49.99

That sounds a bit steep to me. I love the show, but with so many other 30 minute sitcoms priced around $30, it's a tough sell.

#7 of 50 OFFLINE   Martin_C

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted January 22 2005 - 03:21 AM

Quote:
That sounds a bit steep to me. I love the show, but with so many other 30 minute sitcoms priced around $30, it's a tough sell.

$49.99 is just the SRP.

Amazon and other etailers will sell it for much less. Does $34.99 sound more reasonable? Posted Image

#8 of 50 OFFLINE   Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted January 22 2005 - 07:37 AM

Dave L. was kind of harsh on the cover art. It's not that bad, really. I've seen much worse. I like how it's made to look like it's on a clipboard. The picture could make more sense, sure.

#9 of 50 OFFLINE   Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted January 22 2005 - 09:39 AM

The cover art is pretty fugly.
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#10 of 50 OFFLINE   ThomasC

ThomasC

Lead Actor

• 6,526 posts

Posted January 22 2005 - 09:42 AM

That cover art makes it look like everyone is freebasing on green crack.

#11 of 50 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted January 22 2005 - 10:08 AM

Quote:
Dave L. was kind of harsh on the cover art. It's not that bad, really. I've seen much worse.
At first I had the news posted without the vitriol. I just hinted at the opinion that formed upon first sight...I saw it yesterday, before Tom had it up. One of the reasons I didn't post it right away was to try to get my emotions under control. To be blunt, I really really hate it.

So I slept on it, did all my other news first, wrote up something that sounded diplomatic, and only hinted at how I felt. Then I proofread it, and at the bottom was that butt-ugly box once more.

I went into edit mode, added that paragraph, saved it, told Gord what I'd done, and left the house on some errands. I don't regret it for a second. Everyone can feel free to disagree with me, and like I said, I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. But that's bad. Not quite Real Genius bad, but in the parking lot of the stadium at least. In my opinion, anyway.

Carla's the only one who looks right. Elliot looks nothing like herself; totally unrecognizable. JD looks very weird and sinister, and what's with the big hand holding the spoon full of bubbling, smoking acid? Turk's kinda okay, but is showing more teeth than I ever recall seeing in the show. Cox actually looks happy, which is wrong for the character, despite the fact that it might be glee that he's about to inject you with the same crap JD's got on his spoon. Kelso also looks out of character, and the hair on both Cox and Kelso look wrong for the first season. And the janitor's MIA, what's up with that? Finally, the cover's waaay too crowded and busy-looking, and the rest of the box outside of the trademark x-ray with the bad cast shot is an awful shade of grey that reminds me of those computer manuals from the 80's for programmers and accountants that were a binder-style book which slipped into a hard slipcover box.

Anyway, that's my opinion. I'm sure I'll get an angry e-mail from the person who designed it. Oh, well.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#12 of 50 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted January 22 2005 - 10:09 AM

Quote:
That cover art makes it look like everyone is freebasing on green crack.
Yowser! GOOD one!
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#13 of 50 OFFLINE   Jon F.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted January 22 2005 - 06:04 PM

I hate to jump in a thread with a...er...postive comment, but I think the cover is hilarious looking, and compliments the tone of the show wonderfully. I especially love how Cox is ready to "stick it" to us.

This photo seems to be made specifically for the DVD release. That's pretty sweet considering that most DVD covers have stock photos. Just look at how boring it could have been:
tvtome.com/images/shows/3/6/13-10094-sm.jpg

#14 of 50 OFFLINE   Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers

Producer

• 3,481 posts

Posted January 22 2005 - 07:41 PM

I'm just glad its finally coming to DVD. Pity its still quite a while until its released. I suspect this set will get played in my household more than any other release this year. Can't wait.

The cover art is crappy but since all my DVD's aren't stored with the front facing out, I couldn't care less.

*crossing my fingers S2 will be out by the end of the year*
Top 10 Film Lists: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Film Lists: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

#15 of 50 OFFLINE   Chris Bergmann

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

• 288 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 01:41 AM

What about the music?

The show is only four years old - so there shouldn't be any problems with the music rights. Alias started the same year and there wasn't any replaced music on those boxsets.

Any chance that somebody could get a definite answer from Buena Vista about the music so I can preorder?

#16 of 50 OFFLINE   Matt Czyz

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor

• 902 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 08:10 AM

Quote:
The show is only four years old - so there shouldn't be any problems with the music rights.

Tell that to fans of The Apprentice and Las Vegas...

#17 of 50 OFFLINE   Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter

• 1,500 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 08:16 AM

... and Keen Eddie.

Reality Check: There is ALWAYS the possibility of rights issues on any product entering anew medium.

ALWAYS.

-Scott

#18 of 50 OFFLINE   Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 08:26 AM

Quote:

Theme songs are handled differently than "in-episode" music. Because, you're not just licensing the song to include in the ep, you're licensing it for ALL the eps and it will be forever linked as part of the "brand" of that show. And when a song is popular (such as the case with The Apprentice and Las Vegas), it can get really expensive. So, some companies will choose to only license for the broadcast, but not a home video release.

#19 of 50 OFFLINE   ChuckOso

ChuckOso

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 10:28 AM

Quote:
This photo seems to be made specifically for the DVD release. That's pretty sweet considering that most DVD covers have stock photos. Just look at how boring it could have been:
tvtome.com/images/shows/3/6/13-10094-sm.jpg

Personally, I think I would have preferred that one over the one they selected. Boring maybe, but the cast members look normal. (plus it has Janitor in it.)

#20 of 50 OFFLINE   Martin_C

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted January 24 2005 - 11:17 AM

Quote:

Or Wonderfalls, which is as recent as last season, which had almost (if not) every song replaced.

Plus they were still working on the music lincensing in December and things were "up in the air" at that point.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow