What's new

Directors Sci Fi fans...If you could own and fly your own spaceship(s), what would they be? (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
If we were able to buy a few spaceships to fly around out galaxy and a few of the movie and tv classics are up for sale, what would be your choices?

It's hard to pick one but my choices would be the Melinnium Falcon, Enterprise D, Moya, and The Whitestar.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
The Pan Am Space Clipper from 2001: A Space Odyssey - the best-looking spaceship ever in the movies...

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Millienium Falcon of course. I see I'm in good company.

What other would be a good one though?

Hmmmm.

The Enterprise E is pretty sweet. Not so much a flying living room like the D, but certainly a performance machine when you want room for hundreds.:)

chris winters

Second Unit
the Falcon is way too high maintenence. That thing is always breaking down, and I woudnt know how to fix it. It would be in the shop every other weekend. A giant money pit :)

I would take somthing more lush, probably one of the smaller star trek vessels assuming I had a crew to man her. Maybe Voyager.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
"The Navigator" from Flight of the Navigator (or whatever it was called...although I could do without Max).

The Gunstar & Centauri's car from The Last Starfighter.

John Doran

Screenwriter
i hear you on the maintenance, for sure.

but, c'mon - cn you imagine the sheer ecstacy joy of flying that thing? for my money, the best spaceflight sequences ever filmed - the ones that best convey the visceral ecstacy of flying - are ones involving the falcon. and the industrial asymmetry of the design....just beautiful.

there may be ships more powerful, faster, and more sleek. but there's not one that's anywhere nearly as cool.

so say i, anyway.

Andrew Priest

Stunt Coordinator
V'Ger. First off, unlike many other large vessels V'Ger is entirely self sufficient and sentient. Thus it can run and maintain itself - no need for the hassles of a huge crew. Certainly it's powerful enough to protect me from any harm, and the vast store of knowledge would make it the perfect galactic tour guide. I'd assume it would also have the perfect holodeck and even repairing the human body and bioenhancement shouldn't be difficult for that vessel. And is it fast or what? Consider that it covered whole galaxies in that short period of time.

But the real reason is the anatomically correct "companion" bots on demand. What other vessel can boast that?

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor

Yay, Patrick! :D

Oh, gads, if I could be named Admiral of my own space fleet, let's see here:

1. The Millenium Falcon.
2. USS Enterprise, circa Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, but PRIOR to all the damage Khan does to it.
3. USS Enterprise, circa Star Trek the Next Generation.
4. Spaceball I, but only so I could salvage the Ludicrous Speed drive.
5. Lonestar's modified Winnebago, the Eagle V. No spoiled Druish Princess, please.
6. Super Star Destroyer (Executor) from The Empire Strikes Back.
7. Death Star - just let those pesky Borg TRY to take me on. I'll insist on repairing the little "flaw" in the design that allows those pesky 1 man fighters to get through. Does this count as a ship, though?
8. Discovery - Just make sure that Microsoft does NOT upgrade the HAL 9000 software. I don't know what would be worse, a paranoid, homocidal computer out to get me, or one constantly giving me the blue screen of death.
9. USS Defiant from Star Trek Deep Space Nine.
10. Cardassian Galor Class
11. Klingon Bird of Prey - with the nifty little trick from Star Trek VI that allows one to fire without having to decloak.
12. X wing fighter
13. TIE Fighter
14. Deep Space Nine - not really a spaceship, but a nifty space dock/repair/shore leave facility.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Enterprise D is awfully tempting... though the crew quarters seem rather small -- would I get a suite? Also are we to include the dangers of Borg attacking as Lynda-Marie mentioned (are we to be in the universe of the show?). I'd definately like the Next Generation universe...assuming we could socialize with the crew. But I think I'd ask that the ship only go on relatively safe scientific expeditions... no more intentionally flying into harm's way. Maybe I'd be better off on the USS Pasteur.

But a close second would be... Firefly. Nice, homey ship, and a universe with plenty of colonies that look about as easy to acclimatize to as Australia would be to an American. And the lingo is shiny.

Moya seems like an easy ship to fly around, what with it being alive and taking care of itself pretty much, but the gold wallpaper interior design would drive me crazy after awhile. Still...nice people on board. Though they seem to be in peril quite often. And I might have a problem with Pilot being gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But his voice makes me laugh. Stand by for Starburst... and this is a special Starburst so [deleted before it was even posted]

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ricardo, one small piece of maitenance advice for the Death Star...patch up that freakin hole! Put a sheet of plywood over it or something. It'll be like driving around in a Pinto the size of a small moon if you don't. I also heard that it doesn't corner worth a damn. ;)

For me it would be The Millenium Falcon. I'm not worried about maintenance, i'll just get it fixed up on the new reality show Pimp my Falcon. :D

Or

Spaceball 1, afterall, I break for nobody.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Since it is has not been spoken for - I will take the one and only original Enterprise. No freaking A or B or C or D or Triple DDD or whatever!

For runs to the corner store I would use a X-Wing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks