What's new

Two versions of the 'AVP' cover art? If so which will you be getting? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I've been seeing two different versions of this dvd's artwork, one featuring the Alien in the foreground and the other featuring the Predator in the foreground, I assume this is so people can choose the case depending on which of the creatures they like best.

I'll be getting the Predator case, which will you be getting?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ah, I see, thanks. It's cool that they chose my boy Pred as the keeper of the OAR edition. :D

I guess that renders my question moot now doesn't it? :b

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I thought I read somewhere that this comes with a slipcover, with one character on the slipcover and the other on the keepcase.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
DOH!!! :frowning:

The universe sucks! :)

Seriously though, the Predator is my favorite charactor of the two and now i'll be forced to buy the one without him on the cover. I really don't care for the way this cover was handled by the studio here, why not just keep the original artwork with both on the cover?

I would just buy both and swap out the cases, but that would mean giving my money to fool-screen which will never happen.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Weird, maybe there are 2 covers for each. Everything I've seen shows Pred on OAR and Alien on Full:

Same on amazon, deepdiscount, lasersedge, etc.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor

Maybe the same cover as on the 2-disc SE just released in R3:

Alien v Predator SE

I really don't understand Fox's policy on 2-Disc SE's for the rest of the world and almost bare bones releases in R1. Day After Tomorrow, Man on Fire, I-Robot and now Alien vs Predator.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
My review copy (widescreen) has the Predator on the slipcase and the Alien on the cover of the keepcase proper. So you can choose which way to display it, if you like.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
We've already recieved our copies here and I can confirm that they have alternate keepcase/slipcover themes. The widescreen has the Predator on the outer slipcase & the Alien on the inner keepcase. The fullscreen is opposite, with the Alien on the outer slipcase and the Predator on the inner keepcase. On a related note, the 2-disc collector's edition of the vastly superior "Predator 2" is similarly packaged in a keepcase surrounded by a cardboard slipcover. I figured it would be packaged like the 2-disc "Predator" SE and the other 2-disc Fox Collector's Editions that are numbered, but it's not. It won't match your existing "Predator" DVD's 2-disc digipak, if you care about such things.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
It's not exactly a bare-bones release in R1, either; the two commentaries are intact, the two versions of the film, and the making-of featurette (23m) and deleted scenes are all there.

Missing from the linked R3 version are the Alternate Opening Version of the feature, Pre-production - "Conception" featurette
Branching Footage - "ADI Workshop", "Storyboard Gallery", "Concept Art" storyboard, Branching Video off of "The Making Of Alien vs. Predator"
Post Production - "Visual Effects Breakdown",
Commentary on the deleted scenes
Licensing the Franchise
Marketing - HBO Special, Teaser Trailer

Most of that's fluff, but one does wonder why it doesn't show up in R1. Looking for better market penetration by doing a 1-disc version?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks a bunch, Bill and Mark for the heads up on the features on AVP and the Predator 2 SE.:emoji_thumbsup:

Regarding the cases, sounds good to me, that makes much more sense to have done them this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks