-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Battlestar Galactica - SciFi US broadcast thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
685 replies to this topic

#681 of 686 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,094 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 04 2011 - 01:46 PM

Thanks Troy & Josh.  That helps a lot.  It really helps to know the webisodes are not likely to be available on disc.  I have noticed on netflix that Razor and season 4 are only available on DVD.  I thought the entire series was released on blu-ray.  I'm really gonna be pissed if I have to watch a season in SD.

Josh it looks like I can rent everything in your list but items 5, 8, 11.

When you say that for item 8 the "rest are included in the film proper", which film do you mean?

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#682 of 686 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,693 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 04 2011 - 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny Angell 

Thanks Troy & Josh.  That helps a lot.  It really helps to know the webisodes are not likely to be available on disc.  I have noticed on netflix that Razor and season 4 are only available on DVD.  I thought the entire series was released on blu-ray.  I'm really gonna be pissed if I have to watch a season in SD.

When you say that for item 8 the "rest are included in the film proper", which film do you mean?

S4 is available on Blu-ray.

I'm not Josh but The Resistance webisodes (item #5) are on the last disc (I think) of the S3 set. The Resistance is pretty cool and, without getting into spoilers, it fills in a blank and introduces some supporting characters that play a part in S3.

EDIT: Made some corrections and removed chunks that were repetitive of what Josh said (that's what I get for trying to hold a conversation in the real world and type about the BSG timeline at the same time).

#683 of 686 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,094 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 04 2011 - 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by TravisR 

Quote:

S4 is available on Blu-ray.

I'm not Josh but The Resistance webisodes (item #5) are on the last disc (I think) of the S3 set. The Resistance is pretty cool and, without getting into spoilers, it fills in a blank and introduces some supporting characters that play a part in S3.

EDIT: Made some corrections and removed chunks that were repetitive of what Josh said (that's what I get for trying to hold a conversation in the real world and type about the BSG timeline at the same time).

Well, I believe you about season 4 on blu-ray, but netflix says availability unknown.  Since the Resistance is on the last disc of season 3, I'll have to rent that one before I watch the first episode of season 3.

I am enjoying BSG immensely, but oddly, I find I have no desire to buy the series.  I'll watch it once and that will be enough, I think.

Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#684 of 686 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,693 posts

Posted February 05 2011 - 01:20 AM

Since the Resistance is on the last disc of season 3, I'll have to rent that one before I watch the first episode of season 3.

My mistake, I double checked and The Resistance webisodes are on Disc Two (and NOT the last disc) of the Season Three Blu-ray.

#685 of 686 Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

• 1,524 posts

Posted February 05 2011 - 03:31 AM

Probably a bit off topic, but is the complete series BD the way to go?  I've seen the Resistance webisodes and the series from beginning to end.  I've not seen the Face of the Enemy or Razor webisodes, or The Plan.  I've seen Razor.  Just looking to complete the library for later viewing.  Is it different or preferred the the BD set in the collector's Cylon box?  Any rumored rerelease coming?

#686 of 686 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,693 posts

Posted February 05 2011 - 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Campisi 

Probably a bit off topic, but is the complete series BD the way to go?  I've seen the Resistance webisodes and the series from beginning to end.  I've not seen the Face of the Enemy or Razor webisodes, or The Plan.  I've seen Razor.  Just looking to complete the library for later viewing.  Is it different or preferred the the BD set in the collector's Cylon box?  Any rumored rerelease coming?

The current series set is basically a repackaging of the first set but the current one also has The Plan (which hadn't come out when the first set was released) and is in a smaller box. If you buy the current series set, you get everything available in one box. As of right now, it looks like it's on sale for $153 on Amazon which is nearly half off the MSRP.

With all the commentaries and behind the scenes footage already on the DVDs and Blu-rays, I think if there is any re-release, it's years and years away.

Forum Nav Content I Follow