• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 of 86 OFFLINE   StacyV

StacyV

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted June 07 2005 - 12:07 PM

Quote:
I swear, if Ron Palillo is in any way responsible for holding this release up, I'm going to ring his neck!

R. Kay, I see you're from New York. Did you happen to catch Ron hosting 70's Saturday Night on WB11 a few months ago? I was hoping then that he'd mention a possible season 1 dvd release.

#22 of 86 OFFLINE   John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted June 08 2005 - 09:37 PM

I'd consider buying "Kotter" in season sets, but I'm not touching any "best of" discs...

#23 of 86 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted June 09 2005 - 11:35 AM

Quote:
I'd consider buying "Kotter" in season sets, but I'm not touching any "best of" discs...

Another "Quote of the year" for me as well. I just can't see buying a "best of" set but I guess it serves a purpose for some that might not want an entire season's set of something or as a sampler.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#24 of 86 OFFLINE   R. Kay

R. Kay

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 03:08 AM

Quote:
R. Kay, I see you're from New York. Did you happen to catch Ron hosting 70's Saturday Night on WB11 a few months ago? I was hoping then that he'd mention a possible season 1 dvd release.

Nope. Didnt even know about it. I would assume if Pallilo wasnt getting any money for the dvd release, I wouldnt think he'd mention it ..

#25 of 86 OFFLINE   Stephen Wight

Stephen Wight

Second Unit

• 478 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 05:04 AM

Quote:
I'd consider buying "Kotter" in season sets,but I'm not touching an "best of" discs
What if that's the only way we can get a season set of Welcome Back,Kotter?I have a feeling that Warner Bros. are releasing the "best of" disc to test the waters,for the potential of a season set.If the "best of" doesn't sell,to their expectations,then,unfortunately,we won't be getting a season set.

#26 of 86 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 05:35 AM

I'll buy the best of disc, if its priced low enough as I want season sets, and this may be a way to test the market like Sony did with Married...with Children. So if its priced low enough, I'm in.

#27 of 86 OFFLINE   Randy*S

Randy*S

Second Unit

• 280 posts

Posted June 10 2005 - 11:46 AM

I'll buy if it comes out just to have something to enjoy in the mean time.
I don't have a problem with best ofs discs as long as they release season sets too.
And sometime I just want to watch a single episode and don't want to go through the trouble of looking for a good episode to pop in. I think of it as having a museum copy and a public library copy. Posted Image
We already know that it's a test, but geez they must know it'll sell! It's kotter not some no name show.
Disney please put Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends on DVD!!!!

I will NEVER buy ANY politically corrected/edited DVD!

#28 of 86 OFFLINE   kevin jb

kevin jb

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted June 11 2005 - 09:10 AM

dose any one konw what the three episodes are?

#29 of 86 OFFLINE   Kevin Roebuck

Kevin Roebuck

Agent

• 46 posts

Posted June 11 2005 - 06:58 PM

.....what?, where?..............watch out for Carvelli he is one bad dude...................

#30 of 86 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,331 posts

Posted June 09 2009 - 05:40 AM

Has anyone heard if the remaining seasons of Welcome Back Kotter will be released. There is a rumour of a a movie staring Ice Cube.

I love 1970s and 1980s tv, it help define a generation. It is too bad that this another stalled season.

#31 of 86 OFFLINE   nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 984 posts

Posted June 09 2009 - 09:56 PM

I own season 1 and would love the rest on DVD too

#32 of 86 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted June 09 2009 - 10:49 PM

I'd also get more releases if available. Since it's a WB release, it's possible we'll see more. I had to check my S1 set because I thought Kotter was a Sony release.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#33 of 86 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,743 posts

Posted June 10 2009 - 12:31 AM

Yep Sony is notorious for dropping series. So we all assume if the series is stalled, it has to be a Sony series. LOL

#34 of 86 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,419 posts

Posted June 10 2009 - 02:16 AM

I'd love to get the rest of this series as well, unfortunately WB is not much better than Sony with completing their series.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#35 of 86 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,655 posts

Posted June 10 2009 - 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Korstick
I'd love to get the rest of this series as well, unfortunately WB is not much better than Sony with completing their series.
No they aren't. I heard the first season did poor numbers, so it would probably be a small miracle if WB released the second season.
One more tv classic in limbo.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#36 of 86 ONLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,225 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted June 10 2009 - 08:02 AM

Of course there won't be most releases. It's a Warner-owned sitcom that doesn't start with the letter F.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#37 of 86 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,743 posts

Posted June 10 2009 - 08:25 AM

if they ever release TV shows through the archive series, MOD, then maybe we will be able to order the rest of the seasons. Unfortunately, they have not released any TV series through the archive series yet.

#38 of 86 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,095 posts

Posted June 10 2009 - 04:25 PM

The bottom line is sales. If the first season didn't sell then unfortunately there's your answer.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#39 of 86 OFFLINE   Sky Captain

Sky Captain

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted June 11 2009 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewA
Of course there won't be most releases. It's a Warner-owned sitcom that doesn't start with the letter F.

No, it's a sitcom that probably didn't sell well enough to warrant another season set.

#40 of 86 ONLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,225 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted June 11 2009 - 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Captain
No, it's a sitcom that didn't sell well enough to warrant another season set.

Look at the facts. It seems that until Night Court season 2 came out after an amount of time at which the whole series could have been released, every Warner-owned sitcom except Friends, Full House, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air has failed to meet the magic number for continuing with more seasons. Yes, it's a coincidence, and it may not have any bearing on sales (at least not as much as those self-fulfilling prophets who refuse to buy season 1 because they believe more seasons won't come out), but it's still worth pointing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Captain
Posted Image

Now now, there's no need for that.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow