-

Photo
- - - - -

Okay, so what about the REAL Astroboy series?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Mark To

Mark To

Supporting Actor

• 574 posts

Posted January 17 2005 - 06:37 AM

I have no idea what this remake is or why its being released. Kind of like if they put out the new Jetsons that were thrown together to add episodes to the syndication package and didn't put out the original. I loved Astroboy as a kid. If I'm not mistaken there's 104 episodes and none have come out on DVD.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

• 369 posts

Posted January 17 2005 - 07:20 AM

The last time I checked, the original series (from the 60's) is owned by RightStuf while the 80's series is owned by Manga. Some VHS tapes were released for both, but no DVD's have been made available. Both companies may not even have the rights anymore, I'm not sure.

As for the reason the new series is coming out... it's because Sony wants to release it. All three versions of Astro Boy are owned by different companies, so one coming out doesn't rely on the other.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Joe:C

Joe:C

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 01:38 PM

It looks like Anchor Bay will be releasing the original Astro Boy series. Their In The Future section has the following listed:

ASTROBOY (1963-1967) NEW

From Japan’s “God of Comics” Osamu Tezuka comes Astro Boy, the classic & inspiring 60’s TV series. Astro Boy will finally be released on DVD in November 2005. If you are a fan of modern anime, Astro Boy proves to be a not-to-be-missed history lesson on the art form.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted June 02 2005 - 09:44 AM

Great news, thanks for the update!
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,149 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted June 02 2005 - 12:26 PM

old astro boy and marine boy would be very welcome to my collection.

marineboy had a greatt theme song found at this link.

http://www.alphalink...glen/marine.htm
facebook.com/whotony

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner

Second Unit

• 441 posts

Posted June 03 2005 - 12:27 AM

Quote:
marineboy had a greatt theme song found at this link.

http://www.alphalink...glen/marine.htm

Thanks Tony. That MB link sparked brain cells in my head that haven't moved in over 30 years!! Posted Image

GOD how I longed to find some "Oxy-gum" (not to mention, a mermaid girlfriend too). Posted Image

C

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Michael Alden

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

• 825 posts

Posted June 05 2005 - 07:40 AM

Tricked again. Well, if they keep working their way back, maybe they'll get to the original eventually.