Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dodged another bullet...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Vader

Vader

Supporting Actor

• 796 posts

Posted January 14 2005 - 01:19 PM

If I only had a nickel for every time I have learned something from the great people in here (and, soiled a perfectly good pair of….. for each thing I was doing wrong), I could buy into the whole HD-DVD thing (heck, I could BUY the whole HD-DVD thing). When I first got my 65” Mitsu RPTV, I was using a small Boston Acoustics HD5v as a center (about 5-7 pounds?), so I did not think twice about putting it on top of the set. When I upgraded to an Infinity Alpha 37C (about 32 pounds!), I didn’t think much then, either. After reading some of the posts in here about heavy center channels on RPTVs, I immediately removed the 37C from the top, and checked for any bowing. The small discrepancies I found (using a level) could be the way the TV was sitting on the carpet, so I guess I dodged a bullet. Thank you once again to all in this forum! Mods: if this is is the wrong place, please move it to where it needs to be... Thx!
Peace... Derek

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them.

Louvre attendant: Sacre bleu! ze frame on ze Mona Lisa broke and ze only one left iz too small. Andre, bring me ze scissors!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users