What's new

Hk Avr 330/430 (1 Viewer)

John*SS

Auditioning
I am looking into replacing an existing HK AVR500 with a newer reciever to enter the 7:1 world. I have been very happy with the performance of my current reciever so I will probably contniue with an Harman Kardon. I have looked at a couple of units 330/430. Can someone share an opinion on either of the two new units. I am also curious about speakers. I would like a sound that is more clear with low distortion as opposed to blowing me out of the room. The room is 16 x 20 with very high ceilings. I wold like to spend no more than about $1600. Any input would be most appreciated.

I forgot some important details. The Klipsch speakers were F-3's and the Sapphire were towers also. I think they were called ST3's.

Thanks
John S.

MikeWestdal

Auditioning
I own the HK AVR 330, and use it w/ Polk LSi9's (front), Polk RTi4's (rear) and Polk CSi3 (center) and Klipsch RW-8 sub. I find the AVR 330 to be a warm sounding amp yet clear. The amp seems to have power to drive my speakers. The tuner section works well to. I highly recommend HK.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
The 430 adds some features over the 330 including assignable component inputs, input labeling, and most importantly the ability to upgrade the firmware. There is a firmware release on the 430 which upgrades it to Dolby PLIIx and also eliminates/reduces the lag time when locking on a digital signal.

Is your $1600 US dollars?

John*SS

Auditioning
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I am considering going a little over $1600 US now that I have been looking around. (Maybe $2000) I also live in Orlando and I have made quick stops at Best Buy and Sound Advice. I am unaware of any Compusa in the area. Where is it?

I liked the Sapphire's (Sound Advice) & Klipsch's (Best Buy)I heard but they were both driven by Yamaha Receivers (RXV550 & HTR-5760). I have been reading some threads about Swan's and Ascend's and they sound like they are very natural sounding, which is what I always liked about my HK receiver. Anybody ever tested any of the above speakers with an HK receiver?

thanks in advance

John S.

meeks

Agent
I just got the 2.1 & c3 swans 2 days ago & am running them off a hk330. So far I am very pleased with it & am sure I will be even more so when they break in. I had Polk RTI line before and I have to tell you that the pictures do not do swans justice. I cant believe I got that well designed/built speaker for only $299.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks