What's new

Newbie XM questions..... (1 Viewer)

Scott-J

Auditioning
About to purchase my first satellite radio. I have decided to go with XM and I believe I will go with the SkiFi2. I am going to get one of the boomboxes as I want to be able to listen in my office which has no stereo equipment in it.

My question is on how to best get it set up in my car. I do not have a cassette player in my car. So I understand that I need to use the FM modulator and the attenna provided. Does that attenna need to be professionally installed or will in work inside my car.

Hope these questions arent too stupid and make some sort of sense...really just looking for good info on how I get everything set up in my car.

Thanks so much,

Scott

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The boombox isn't necessary. I'm using a home kit and running the line out into my PC. My headphones are connected to the PC also. There are some headphones that will connect to the line out of the SkyFi so no additional equipment is needed.

-Robert

MatS

Screenwriter

I have mine sitting on top of the dash inside my car and I get a 3 bar signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks