-

Photo

Newbie XM questions.....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Scott-J

Scott-J

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 12 2005 - 08:01 AM

About to purchase my first satellite radio. I have decided to go with XM and I believe I will go with the SkiFi2. I am going to get one of the boomboxes as I want to be able to listen in my office which has no stereo equipment in it.

My question is on how to best get it set up in my car. I do not have a cassette player in my car. So I understand that I need to use the FM modulator and the attenna provided. Does that attenna need to be professionally installed or will in work inside my car.

Hope these questions arent too stupid and make some sort of sense...really just looking for good info on how I get everything set up in my car.

Thanks so much,

Scott

#2 of 4 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,125 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 12 2005 - 08:55 AM

Quote:
So I understand that I need to use the FM modulator
It works OK. I'm going to hard wire it into my Pioneer's CD changer input when I get time. Depending on your current head unit (stock or aftermarket) you may be able to do the same.

Quote:
Does that attenna need to be professionally installed or will in work inside my car.
A lot of people have great success with it sitting on their back deck. Or you can run it into the trunk and mount it on the trunk lid. Mine is temporarily run out the passenger door and attached to the roof of the car.

Quote:
I am going to get one of the boomboxes as I want to be able to listen in my office which has no stereo equipment in it.
The boombox isn't necessary. I'm using a home kit and running the line out into my PC. My headphones are connected to the PC also. There are some headphones that will connect to the line out of the SkyFi so no additional equipment is needed.

-Robert

#3 of 4 MatS

MatS

Screenwriter

• 1,599 posts

Posted January 12 2005 - 05:06 PM

Quote:
Does that attenna need to be professionally installed or will in work inside my car.

I have mine sitting on top of the dash inside my car and I get a 3 bar signal.

#4 of 4 Scott-J

Scott-J

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 13 2005 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful.

Back to Mobile Phones / Entertainment

Forum Nav Content I Follow