What's new

You want cheap CDs?? How about $4.99 per disc w/ no shipping.... (1 Viewer)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen this topic pop up here yet, so I figure I will mention it.

Go to yourmusic.com and you can get CDs for as low as $4.99/per disc, including SACDs. Check out this thread at stevehoffman.tv.

From all indications, yourmusic.com is operated by BMG Music Service.

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
OK. I read the thread. I deleted my cookies and cache (which is a pain, b/c now I have to log in and re-enter passwords everywhere - but hey, for another $1 a CD off, I'm there), and I STILL get the $5.99/CD offer, not the $4.99 offer.

Did I miss something??

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
So these will have the annoying "Manufactured by BMG Music under License" logos all over the artwork and disc?

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
According to the other forum, some do, some don't - depends on timing/sourcing of inventory, apparently.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm not getting the $4.99 price either - it's $5.99 per disc.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
$5.99 is still pretty good. I think I'll buy some. I don't care too much about the covers anyway.

/Mike

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Check page 4 of the stevehoffman.tv thread. You can write Customer Service and have them "reinstate" your $4.99 status.

Regarding the "Manufactured by BMG Music under License" line, it's never all over the cover. It's only printed along the barcode on the back and in tiny prints on the CD, along with a BMG-specific catalog number. And on many CDs I've purchased from BMG Music Service, there is no "Manufactured by BMG Music under License" printed anywhere.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I used to be a member of their other service... what was it called... anyway, I was happy with those CDs, but the shipping was a ripoff. This is a better deal.

/Mike

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Is there any way of knowing which are the SACD?

UGH, nevermind. It appears that Canadians are not privy to becoming members. Well, as Groucho Marx said I would never become a member of a club that would have me as a member.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
What a bummer, Richard :frowning:

Yes, go to Search. Search for "SACD" under album title, and you should see 2 pages of SACD titles.

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Danny, for the tip.

The site is a little cumbersome to navigate at first (searching one way yields a LOT more on-target choices than another, for example), but there are some terrific deals here, including some box sets as well as SACDs.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i think i'm about to drop columbia house like a bad habit. ;)

i'm not sure i get the "your music queue" concept thought. it looks like, as long as i have a cd i like in that queue, i'll get charged the 5.99. question is can i put any cd i want in that queue? sounds like it...

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor

I think it's borrowing a page from the Netflix rental concept, only as a purchasing plan. Every month, you'll get the next disc in your queue sent to you - so you're buying one a month until you quit.

Only the $5.99-priced CDs can be put in the queue. The multi-disc sets, boxed sets, anthologies, etc., still have the pricing of $5.99/disc, but you have to purchase them separately.

I guess they're counting on us to be impatient and buy bunches of CDs at once, instead of one a month, or to load up on box sets. Otherwise, I don't "get" the benefit from their end.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, i'm in agreement.

i ended up signing up only because this will be a great way to fill my back-catalog. i can't even get cd's from work (with my discount) this cheap. i figure as long as i remember to put/keep at least 12 cd's in my queue i'm good to go for at least a year. :)

i also sent them an email seeing if i could get the 4.99 price instead.

(man, what a cheap-o bastard i am...)

btw danny -- thanks for a great url! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
The "benefit" on their end is that it forces you to buy at least on CD per month. If you use the regular service and fulfill the obligatory purchasing requirements, you can just not buy anything ever and still be a member, and they get nothing. Note that if you have nothing on the queue, or if everything on it is "backordered," you will still be charged the price of one CD for that month and receive nothing.

Still, as long as you can find stuff you want, and that's available, on the queue, you will save. I found a bunch of classical SACDs to fill up my queue and a couple of jazz titles. The real reason I joined was to take advantage of the fantastic prices on the box sets.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i just received (within 24 hours) an email reply. they've converted my account to 4.99 a month. now that's what i call good customer service! :emoji_thumbsup:

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Figures. I sign up for the 5.99 account because I can never get the 4.99 site to come up. I send the email and hear nothing. Works for everyone else, but not for me. That's my usual luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks