What's new

Reminder: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars & Starburst Vol 2 release on Tuesday 1/18/05 (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Just a quick remnider for those of you who are fans of the show (I sure am now!!) about these releases next week.

If sales are good it could help to bring out more Farscape in the future.

Really looking forward to this one myself!

Thanks for reading

Greg

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Actually I was speaking of more NEW Farscape.

Brian Henson has said in more than one interview that they would like to do a Farscape Movie (ie big screen) and that is what they are working towards. Therefore continued support of this product line is necessary if you wish to see more NEW Farscape.

I wouldn't be too shocked if they did another mini down the road but I know Henson & Co. is much more focused on a big screen film instead.

Greg

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

Yeah, but the Starburst Editions are just re-releases really. Season sets for the entire series are available.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

I might be wrong, but I think the "Farscape Starburst" DVDs includes some new extras that didn't make it onto the original DVDs. Extras like new commentary tracks. I could have sworn someone here mentioned that in a different Farscape thread.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The Starburst Editions have new commentary tracks and other new stuff in addition to the extras from the original releases.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Yeah, they have new features... but they're still re-releases. I guess my point is that you don't have to wait for all these "Starbust Editions" to come out before getting the series. It's available now.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

And they're in more conservatively sized packaging. I knew
i didn't have room for the current oversized versions on my shelves, so I am getting the starburst editions and appreciate the heads up.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I have both coming and I can't wait.

While it is true that all of the episodes are already out there, these are much, much cheaper and with more supplements so for most people who were priced out of the market, it is like these episodes are being released for the first time.

Paul

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The packaging was a factor for me too, even though the discs are double-sided, I need to save as much shelf space as possible right now so I sold the original releases I owned on Amazon and am basically breaking even.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I may wait on buying the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries. I heard that the UK DVD version will have more extras than the slight amount us North Americans will be getting.

So I am thus going on the assumption that at some point, there will be a PK Wars Starburst Edition DVD.

For those who want to read up on the UK version of the miniseries DVD, take a look at http://www.farscapeworld.com/news/shownews.php?id=1099

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a rerelease of PKW later on since it is so skimpy on the extras. We'll have to see.

I will double dip on this if need be though since this first release can be had from deepdiscountdvd for $10.63.

Also on Volume 1 of the Starburst edition the Henson interview was well worth the $12 I paid for it. I also listened to the commentary on Throne for a Loss (Ben Browder & Claudia Black) and it was pretty good. These 2 get a long so well that it was a joy to listen to.

Greg

Cory B

Grip

Am I the only one that would rather see more mini-series than something on the big screen? Not only are the expectations for a big screen release much higher (and failing to meet those expectations could kill any future projects), but it also requires more backstory to be added to make it more accessible for the general public.

Even worse, if you look at the rumors regarding the Babylon 5 movie project, it appears the studio wants to recast all the main characters...

Mini-series allow them to develop bigger stories that don't have to be crammed into two hours along with 30 minutes of introducing all the characters.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I am still a bit peeved that after spending tons of money on all the seasons of Farscape that they do this to the consumer. I could care less if they sell more in the future. Double Dipping sucks!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've got the first three season sets (just watched "Self Inflicted Wounds part I" the other night) and I actually thought about selling these off to get the Starburst editions. It would prolly be a whole lot cheaper and it would save space and they have more extras...but only the first two sets are out as of Tuesday. As great as "Nerve", "The Hidden Memory" and "Premiere" are, I don't want to have to wait a long time to get back to the end of season two,

Is there any word about the timing of these releases? IIRC, the first was released late September and this one in early January. Are these going to straight up released by season (the rest of S1 is 8 eppys, not the 7 on the first two editions) or will they simply "Family Ties" on the first edition of S2?

I'm so confused right now...

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I remember reading back in October that the Starburst Edition would contain three release per season, so "Family Ties" should be on the next release.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I got the first starburst edition yesterday in the mail via Best Buy. I opened it and was pissed to learn that disc 1 was loose. It didn't look damaged but should I take it back just in case? (Also it was $3 cheaper at the store rather than the website)

I put it in just to see if it was damaged but I did flip through the first two episodes. I have to say it looks AMAZING! I just got a 42" HDTV the other day and it looks phenomenal on it. I've put in DS9 and B5 to compare and the picture quality of the starbursts blow those two away. I was very impressed. The 5.1 audio was also very active.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks