What's new

Wireless connection between laptop and TV (1 Viewer)

chuck$b

Auditioning
Hi

This is my first post so please bear with me. I am looking for a converter to connect my Dell inspiron 8200 to my Hitachi HDTV. Here is the catch. I want to connect the two via my 802.11bg network card (wirelessly), I plan to use a wireless keyboard and mouse. I have seen many different types of converters out there, such as the D-link DSM-320, this unit includes software that will import music, video, and pictures. That would be a great additional feature but what I need is to be able to access my desktop and all of my programs on my laptop using the TV as the monitor. I currently have my laptop and the TV hardwired with an S-Video cable and the adaptor that came with my laptop, and the audio is hooked up with the earphone out slot and RCA connection to my stereo. Unfortunately the video card I have will not support the high def resolution I am looking for not to mention it is not wireless. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I have no idea if this kind of things works well or not, but something like this sounds like what you need.

chuck$b

Auditioning
The Grandtec GWB-4000 is a nice unit however it isn't exactly what I am looking for, I would have to hook up my laptop to the transmiter box every time I wanted to use it. I am trying to avoid that. I am looking for a unit to leave permenantly connected to the TV and streem the image on my laptop monitor to the tv via my 802.11b/g network card (in other words use my TV has a monitor). Thanks for the quick reply Mike LS. Ps I am not even sure if this is possible but it sounds like it would work with the correct wireless converter.

Thanks again

Chuck$b

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Netgear PushTV.Also pretty much anything DLNA.Windows 8 and some Windows 7 are already set up. Even as far back as XP you can hack stuff together.

MayM

Auditioning
Real Name
May Mary Peterson
Thanks for the post. I haven't yet tried connecting my laptop with my TV but I might just try this one out. Once I get to do it, i'll post it here. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks