• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 chuck$b

chuck$b

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 10 2005 - 06:40 PM

Hi

This is my first post so please bear with me. I am looking for a converter to connect my Dell inspiron 8200 to my Hitachi HDTV. Here is the catch. I want to connect the two via my 802.11bg network card (wirelessly), I plan to use a wireless keyboard and mouse. I have seen many different types of converters out there, such as the D-link DSM-320, this unit includes software that will import music, video, and pictures. That would be a great additional feature but what I need is to be able to access my desktop and all of my programs on my laptop using the TV as the monitor. I currently have my laptop and the TV hardwired with an S-Video cable and the adaptor that came with my laptop, and the audio is hooked up with the earphone out slot and RCA connection to my stereo. Unfortunately the video card I have will not support the high def resolution I am looking for not to mention it is not wireless. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

#2 of 6 Mike LS

Mike LS

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted January 11 2005 - 12:47 AM

I have no idea if this kind of things works well or not, but something like this sounds like what you need.

#3 of 6 chuck$b

chuck$b

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 13 2005 - 10:45 PM

The Grandtec GWB-4000 is a nice unit however it isn't exactly what I am looking for, I would have to hook up my laptop to the transmiter box every time I wanted to use it. I am trying to avoid that. I am looking for a unit to leave permenantly connected to the TV and streem the image on my laptop monitor to the tv via my 802.11b/g network card (in other words use my TV has a monitor). Thanks for the quick reply Mike LS. Ps I am not even sure if this is possible but it sounds like it would work with the correct wireless converter.

Thanks again
Chuck$b

#4 of 6 connectIt

connectIt

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 23 2012 - 01:32 PM

@chuck$b: I need the same thing. did you find it.please let me know.

#5 of 6 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 11,982 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 09 2013 - 07:35 AM

Netgear PushTV.

Also pretty much anything DLNA.

Windows 8 and some Windows 7 are already set up. Even as far back as XP you can hack stuff together.

#6 of 6 MayM

MayM

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted June 09 2013 - 06:26 PM

Thanks for the post. I haven't yet tried connecting my laptop with my TV but I might just try this one out. Once I get to do it, i'll post it here. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users