-

Photo

SIRIUS introduces Sportster Replay Radio TiVO Device

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 05 2005 - 01:20 PM

Notes from online audio press conference:

* Standard form as with regular sportster
* 44 Minute Recording Capabiliity, including multi-stream capability (record a stream while listening to another)
* True FF/REW capabilities
* Ability to pause live radio (ala Tivo)

Aimed at allowing sports fans the ability to replay or pause live sports events, the Sportster Replay will also hide scoring updates to let you play out the game without knowing the results (should you chose)
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#2 of 3 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted January 07 2005 - 01:25 AM

Finally, they have a press release up about it:

http://www.sirius.co....=1104779645091

Quote:
NEW YORK and LAS VEGAS, NV – January 6, 2005 – SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced at the Consumer Electronics Show that it will add an instant replay feature to its number #1 selling transportable “Plug & Play” radio – the Sportster.

The redesigned Sportster IR will be capable of recording up to 44 minutes of programming simultaneously while a subscriber is listening to SIRIUS, enabling the listener to pause the unit, to take a phone call for example, and return to where the programming left off.

“The popularity of the Sportster makes it the ideal SIRIUS “Plug & Play” to introduce this exciting new feature,” said Larry Pesce, Senior Vice President of Product Management and Strategic Planning for SIRIUS. “We believe that subscribers will appreciate, and utilize, this new capability in order to not miss out on their favorite programming, no matter what the interruption.”

The new Sportster IR will utilize a simple 3-button feature to pause, jump forward and jump back, and will also include a built-in FM modulator that permits wireless connectivity to any vehicle radio over as many as 100 unused channels.

Incorporating a new, sleek design, the Sportster IR is compatible with existing SIRIUS Sportster boom boxes, car and home kits. SIRIUS expects that the new unit will begin shipping to retail stores in the middle of this year. Pricing will be announced at a later date.

My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#3 of 3 Chad

Chad

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted January 18 2005 - 04:31 PM

Quote:
Incorporating a new, sleek design, the Sportster IR is compatible with existing SIRIUS Sportster boom boxes, car and home kits.

That is definitely the deciding factor for me. Can't wait! Posted Image

Although, I really wish there was an option for an add-on device to the original Sportster...sure would eliminate the hassle of having to buy the new receiver and selling the old one. I guess that's technology for you.

Forum Nav Content I Follow