-

Photo
- - - - -

Thin string lights?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Ollie T

Ollie T

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted January 05 2005 - 11:37 AM

During this Christmas I lined my HDTV with a string of Christmas lights. I have come to enjoy the lights as they give a nice glow to the room without it being too dark. Now that Christmas is over I dont want those lights up anymore. I have decided I want some sort of mini or thin string of orange or similar color around the TV. I think the standard rope lights are a bit too big and I don't think bright white would look too good. Anybody have any suggestions for good lights to frame your TV with?

#2 of 3 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,751 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted January 06 2005 - 03:48 AM

It's not exactly what you are looking for, but have you thought about using a bias light behind your TV. In a way it "frames" the TV, and can make it a lot more comfortable on the eyes when you are watching in a dark room. If you get one with the right bulb it's wont influence the colors you see on the screen. Search the forum for bias light to get more info.

#3 of 3 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,087 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted January 06 2005 - 10:57 AM

Ollie:

An cool but "expensive" idea would be to use Electro LumineX flat ribbon lighting.

I agree with Adam that a bias light might do what you want in that it lights up the back of your set. One that we have had members use in the past is Ideal Lume by CinemaQuest.

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."