What's new

Thin string lights? (1 Viewer)

Ollie T

Auditioning
During this Christmas I lined my HDTV with a string of Christmas lights. I have come to enjoy the lights as they give a nice glow to the room without it being too dark. Now that Christmas is over I dont want those lights up anymore. I have decided I want some sort of mini or thin string of orange or similar color around the TV. I think the standard rope lights are a bit too big and I don't think bright white would look too good. Anybody have any suggestions for good lights to frame your TV with?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
It's not exactly what you are looking for, but have you thought about using a bias light behind your TV. In a way it "frames" the TV, and can make it a lot more comfortable on the eyes when you are watching in a dark room. If you get one with the right bulb it's wont influence the colors you see on the screen. Search the forum for bias light to get more info.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ollie:

An cool but "expensive" idea would be to use Electro LumineX flat ribbon lighting.

I agree with Adam that a bias light might do what you want in that it lights up the back of your set. One that we have had members use in the past is Ideal Lume by CinemaQuest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks