Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

replacement crossover for components

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Brian Pokosh

Brian Pokosh

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted January 05 2005 - 07:08 AM

I have a set of Infinity Perfect 6.1 components (car audio) that need new crossovers. Aside from ordering directly from Infinity which I'm sure will be expensive, are there any other alternatives that I could use? The specs I found are "high-pass and low-pass, 3500 Hz at 24 dB per octave"

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason Kirkpatri

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit

• 389 posts

Posted January 05 2005 - 09:53 AM

Have your local auto shop build them for you. My local store charges approximately $20 (sans fancy boxes, but if you stealth, np). Benefit is you can customize your frequencies, rolls, etc.

Or if you know how, go to any electronic distributor and build your own.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Brian Pokosh

Brian Pokosh

Agent

• 32 posts

Posted January 05 2005 - 10:41 AM

I don't know how, but I do have a friend that can put it all together. Do you know of any guides that show how to do this?

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Scott L

Scott L

Producer

• 4,466 posts

Posted January 09 2005 - 06:54 PM

Are your crossovers near the amp?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason Fulton

Jason Fulton

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted January 25 2005 - 08:36 AM

I would personally get them from Infinity, I have had excellent expereinces with their CS recently, and would atleast give it a shot to try and get a new x-over. Building your own is very difficult, the x-over is really what determines the sound of the speakers, and the engineers at infinity don't spend all their time for nothing, and although I've never seen the x-over for the perfects (only reference) i'd imaging they are much more complex than a typical x-over a local shop could throw together for 20 bucks.