What's new

New HSU VTF-3 H.O. Specs (1 Viewer)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
We have dispatched Curtis Chang as the official multi-forum CES spy. His secret decoder spy-ring is actually a camera.

We have not seen this much competence in the world of corporate spying since Jethrow Bodeen was a Double Knot spy... ;)

Eric C D

Second Unit
LOL! I've never met Curtis, yet I'm imagining him skulking about, furtively looking around corners, and sending reports to you over his shoe-phone.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Curtis is friends with Dr. Hsu. So, I don't think he'll leak anything before the show opens. But, you've got my e-mail Curtis if you "need to talk." I guarantee Curtis will have the full scoop before he leaves.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Many of us are very curious about Dr. Hsu's latest offering. Dr. Hsu is well aware of the powerful competition from SVS and has not been sitting on his hands. Starting with the introduction of the real wood blond maple veneer VTF-3 MkII at $699, and now with the introduction of the VTF-3 High Output (HO), Dr. Hsu is gradually adding greater value and more performance to his lineup. The HO promises to be a prodigious performer at quite a reasonable price. Rather than having wars over the relative merits of HSU vs. SVS, how about applauding the fact that we will now have another truly fine subwoofer and that entrepreneurs like Dr. Hsu, Tom Vodhandel, Ron Stimpson and others have made a huge difference to so many of us. The tent is big. There is room under it for all and the new products from HSU and SVS will only give us more and better choices. Our economic system is based on competition. In the relatively small world of subwoofers, we are seeing a great example of our economic system working as it should. This is going to be a great year for new offerings in the world of deep bass. New niches will be filled with great products. Kudos to the all of the resourceful, intelligent, and bold risk takers who are making our passion so enjoyable.

And yep, apparently we are going to have to wait about another 36 hours for details on the VTF-3 High Output.

Artie

Jeff-0

Stunt Coordinator
I heard it has a newly designed 72in. driver capable of recirculating the air in your home in every throw. Supplied in the kit is the template for cutting a hole in your wall to mount the driver and also instructions for building the substation required to power it.

Rumor has it it can be heard across state lines…….

Jeff-0

Stunt Coordinator
the funny part is i bet some would actually buy something that big!

hhmmm, note to self, design massive driver kit for bassheads

paul clipsel

Stunt Coordinator

I wonder if its solely a higher output version of my black VTF3Mk2 or if the FR and extension are changed? I hope he hasn't made it too much physically bigger than my Mk2. So many questions to ask like price, size, delivery date etc. Lets hope they release some info soon. If it's as better than my current Mk2 then it could get interesting on my monthly budget.

PC

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Just talked to Curtis from the airport. We were both on cells with lots of background noise so if I get any of this wrong please forgive me.

The HO series will have smaller footprints but be taller. Sized in-between a box and a tube. The idea is to be end table heighth so they can be used as such. My understanding is that they will have 4" ports and be clean as the Hsu tube subs are to 20Hz.

The other big news is that Dr. Hsu has a patented add on device that they are referring to as a "turbo charger." Apparently, it significantly boosts the SPLs. I didn't get if it adds to the bottom end but I'm guessing it does since if I understood correctly with plugging ports and using the turbo charger the VTF-3HO is capable of 13Hz. The turbo charger had not arrived when Curtis left for his flight so he did not get to see or hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks