Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SPHE Press Release: THE MAD ABOUT YOU COLLECTION

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,003 posts

Posted January 04 2005 - 11:03 PM

Top-Rated Emmy® Award-winning Sitcom Starring Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt Present THE MAD ABOUT YOU COLLECTION Featuring the Stars’ Favorite Episodes Arrives February 8 in a Special Four-Disc DVD Set Culver City, CA (November 29, 2004) – Starring Paul Reiser (One Night at McCool’s, TV’s “My Two Dads”) and Academy Award® winner Helen Hunt (As Good As It Gets, What Women Want), the romantic comedy series Mad About You captivated TV audiences with the marital tribulations of Paul and Jamie Buchman, two newlyweds trying their best in a very complicated world to be in love, be married and be cool in New York City. The Mad About You Collection, featuring a compilation of 22 favorite episodes hand-picked by Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt, debuts February 8 just in time for Valentine’s Day from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The four-disc DVD set will be available for $39.95 SRP. Widely lauded as one of television’s funniest and most charming sitcoms, Mad About You succeeded in relating the pinnacles, plateaus and pitfalls of marriage, effectively portraying a couple madly in love, while they experience the urbane, the inane, the mundane and the profound. For seven seasons, viewers delighted in watching Paul and Jamie Buchman reflect back on and look forward to the events of their life together including meeting for the first time, getting engaged, getting married, having a baby and raising a family. During its seven-year run on NBC (1992 - 1999), Mad About You was honored with a Golden Globe Award, a Peabody Award, a Genesis Award, five Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Comedy series and was also chosen as Best Quality Comedy by the Viewers for Quality Television. In addition, Helen Hunt won four Emmy Awards and three Golden Globes for her role as Jamie Buchman. The Mad About You Collection features guest appearances by Lisa Kudrow, Bruce Willis, Hank Azaria, Cyndi Lauper, Carl Reiner, Sid Caesar, Estelle Getty and more. The Mad About You Collection features the following episodes: 1.PILOT 2.MET SOMEONE 3.VIRTUAL REALITY 4.COLD FEET 5.GIBLETS FOR MURRAY 6.OUR FIFTEEN MINUTES 7.THE ALAN BRADY SHOW 8.YOKO SAID 9.THE FINALE – PART 1 10.THE FINALE – PART 2 11.THE FINALE – PART 3 12.CITIZEN BUCHMAN 13.THE PENIS 14.THE BIRTH – PART 1 15.THE BIRTH – PART 2 16.LETTERS TO MABEL 17.MOODY BLUES 18.LE SEX SHOW 19.THE CONVERSATION 20.PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS 21.THE FINAL FRONTIER – PART 1 22.THE FINAL FRONTIER – PART 2 DVD Special Features Include: •Digitally Mastered Audio and Video •Full Screen Presentations •Audio: English (Dolby Surround) •Subtitles: Spanish, Portuguese •Blooper Reel •Featurette: Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt Are Mad About Guest Stars •Featurette: Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt Are Mad About the Theme •Select Episode Commentaries with Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt •Video Introductions to Episodes •TV Spots •Bonus Previews •Episode Selections Not Rated Color Closed Captioned Running Time: 491 minutes DVD Catalog # 09077 UPC Code: 0-43396-09077-4 Order Date: 1/6/05 SLP: $39.95 MAD ABOUT YOU COLLECTION – 3

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   David Levy

David Levy

Stunt Coordinator

• 78 posts

Posted January 05 2005 - 12:00 AM

Marvellous. One please.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,531 posts

Posted January 05 2005 - 12:56 AM

Why the heck is this Ron Epstein character posting TV shows in the Film and Documentary Software area? Stinkin' newbies!Posted Image Posted Image

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,251 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted January 05 2005 - 02:47 AM

LOL. Although I never was a fan of this show, I sort of feel bad for those of you who are, and have bought the first 2 seasons. If a show I was collecting, let's say "The Jeffersons" were to release a best-of after the first 2 season releases, I wouldn't be too impressed. I only hope that they use this release to test the waters with hopes that the remaining seasons will follow.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Mark Silver

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted January 05 2005 - 05:16 AM

Gotta say. I will buy this in the hopes they release the rest of the seasons, but the episode selection here really stinks. Forget about the fact that 5 are from Seasons 1 and 2. They skip most of 3 and 4 and choose the rest from the seasons where the show wasn't that funny. Moreover,the three entitled "The Finale" are some of the most depressing sit-com moments ever put on film. For "one of the funniest sitcoms ever" they could have actually picked the funny episodes. It is the equivalent of issuing the "funniest moments from 'Family Ties'" and then only putting on "A My Name is Alex", the birth of Andrew, and the Trip to England.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   DougFND

DougFND

Second Unit

• 250 posts

Posted January 05 2005 - 08:24 AM

There are some depressing moments, but they are mixed with some really funny stuff. I count those three (I think they actually aired as two, one being one hour) as the best of that show.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Juan Books

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator

• 145 posts

Posted January 06 2005 - 04:17 PM

Posted Image

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   GarySchrock

GarySchrock

Second Unit

• 294 posts

Posted January 06 2005 - 04:30 PM

Heh, and I personally think these were some of the best episodes they ever did. I'm almost tempted to buy this for those 3 episodes alone, but I'm not sure that'll overcome my reluctance to purchase a collection set. Although that $40 list is pretty high for something that has so many duplicate episodes to the first two seasons.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor

• 762 posts

Posted January 06 2005 - 04:43 PM

I am still going to wax hopeful that seasons 3-whatever are released eventually!
The shape I'm in you could donate my body to science fiction! - Rodney Dangerfield, "Back to School"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users