Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

A good work for Kino Video...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,447 posts

Posted January 03 2005 - 03:08 AM

I got a defective Kino DVD for Xmas. No one in town carried the title (surprise!) so I couldn't exchange it here. So I tried emailing Kino.com. I sent the email last night and by 10am this morning I had a letter of apology for getting a defective disc and how to get a replacement disc. Pretty impressive. I will post after I get the replacement to let everyone know how it went.

#2 of 4 Mark Philp

Mark Philp

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted January 23 2005 - 05:59 PM

Glad to hear they treated you well. I know somebody who works for Kino and I understand they try and stay right on top of complaints and make them good without a hassle. I wish the bigger companies thought like that.

#3 of 4 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,447 posts

Posted January 26 2005 - 12:27 PM

I mailed the defective disc on Jan 5th. I received an email on Monday the 24th that the disc had shipped on Friday (1/21). Got it today (1/26) and it plays perfectly. I emailed them a "thank you" for their speedy assistance. See, it IS possible to get good service these days!

#4 of 4 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,447 posts

Posted January 27 2005 - 10:09 AM

How's this:

I sent Kino.com a "thank you" email, letting them know I received (and successfully played) the replacement DVD. I also mentioned this forum and posted a link to this thread. Here's the email I got from them today:

Wow! Thank you VERY much Mr. Schulz. We appreciate the positive feedback -- and in a public forum, no less!
Best Wishes, Nicholas
N. Mulligan, Consumer Video Sales

THAT is impressive!