Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

A good work for Kino Video...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,491 posts

Posted January 03 2005 - 03:08 AM

I got a defective Kino DVD for Xmas. No one in town carried the title (surprise!) so I couldn't exchange it here. So I tried emailing Kino.com. I sent the email last night and by 10am this morning I had a letter of apology for getting a defective disc and how to get a replacement disc. Pretty impressive. I will post after I get the replacement to let everyone know how it went.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Mark Philp

Mark Philp

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted January 23 2005 - 05:59 PM

Glad to hear they treated you well. I know somebody who works for Kino and I understand they try and stay right on top of complaints and make them good without a hassle. I wish the bigger companies thought like that.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,491 posts

Posted January 26 2005 - 12:27 PM

I mailed the defective disc on Jan 5th. I received an email on Monday the 24th that the disc had shipped on Friday (1/21). Got it today (1/26) and it plays perfectly. I emailed them a "thank you" for their speedy assistance. See, it IS possible to get good service these days!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,491 posts

Posted January 27 2005 - 10:09 AM

How's this:

I sent Kino.com a "thank you" email, letting them know I received (and successfully played) the replacement DVD. I also mentioned this forum and posted a link to this thread. Here's the email I got from them today:

Wow! Thank you VERY much Mr. Schulz. We appreciate the positive feedback -- and in a public forum, no less!
Best Wishes, Nicholas
N. Mulligan, Consumer Video Sales

THAT is impressive!