Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Twilight Zone Definitive Edition

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
447 replies to this topic

#441 of 448 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,978 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 16 2013 - 12:06 AM

Haven't you ever heard this, or have you been asleep for the last 20 years?
It's either that or my tinfoil hat isn't working correctly and their mind control waves are working.

#442 of 448 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,707 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 01:17 AM

It's either that or my tinfoil hat isn't working correctly and their mind control waves are working.
:laugh:
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#443 of 448 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted January 16 2013 - 09:19 AM

Yeah, I'm not a fan of "The Bewitchin' Pool" either. A friend of mine picked that one. I'm hoping to do another one soon, and maybe include one from Season 4.

#444 of 448 OFFLINE   Shatner's Grim Reaper

Shatner's Grim Reaper

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted January 16 2013 - 09:32 AM

Again...here's my fav 10 1. Time Enough At Last 2. The Howling Man 3. The Monsters on Maple Street 4. Deaths-Head Revisited 5. Nightmare At 20,000 Feet 6. Judgment Night 7. The Masks 8. The Invaders 9. The Purple Testament 10. It's A Good Life

#445 of 448 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,426 posts

Posted June 23 2013 - 04:58 AM

Last night i watched two amazing episodes of twilight zone. The first episode was called I Am the Night—Color Me Black, which was about hatred in the world. In had George Lindsay and Ivan Dixon in the episode. The second episode i watched was called The Jeopardy room, which had Martin Landau (Space 1999 and Mission Impossible) as a spy trying to escape his past. The episode had an amazing ending!!! I know i have said this before about Twilight Zone, but it is still great after 50 years!!

#446 of 448 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,387 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted June 23 2013 - 05:57 AM

Last night i watched two amazing episodes of twilight zone. The first episode was called I Am the Night—Color Me Black, which was about hatred in the world.
In had George Lindsay and Ivan Dixon in the episode. The second episode i watched was called The Jeopardy room, which had Martin Landau (Space 1999 and Mission Impossible) as a spy trying to escape his past. The episode had an amazing ending!!! I know i have said this before about Twilight Zone, but it is still great after 50 years!!

Posted Image This set is near the top of my collection.

There are so many classic episodes.  Some of my top ones are

"Third Planet from the Sun".  Edward Andrews was perfect as that gvmt "snoop" and Fritz Weaver is at the top of my tv character actors.

"On Thursday We Leave for Home".  James Whitmore, fantastic role.

"A Nice Place to Visit".  Who can forget Sebastion Cabot's "devlish" laugh at the end of that episode? :lol:

"People Are Alike All Over".  Roddy McDowall as the paranoid timid astronaut, and that sad look from Susan Oliver was outstanding.

"The Monstors Are Due on Maple Street".  Talk about an accurate character study.... from the aliens.... "It's the same everywhere....and we'll go from town to town...."

"The After Hours".  Anne Francis as the mannequin....wow.  Remember the other mannequins calling out... "Marsha.....Marsha...."

"Time Enough At Last".  Probably one of the best-known episodes of the series....Brugess Meredith at the end....irony at its finest.

"The Odyssey of Flight 33".  The "time warp" theme, always worked for me back then :D

"The Howling Man". John Carradine as "Brother Jerome".... amazing.

"To Serve Man".  What an ending  :lol: One of my favorites from memories years ago.

"The Little People".  Another great Serling message at the end.

"A Hundred Yards Over the Rim".  Cliff Robertson in that hat going over the rise.... perfect.

"The Rip Van Winkle Caper".  More irony in the ending. 

Scripts were just outstanding in this series.

It's also got (imo) one of the best intros from Rod Serling, the S1 intro:

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=rgb(0,0,255);]"There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man.  It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.  It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition.  And it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge.  This is the dimension of imagination.  It is an area which we call...The Twilight Zone."[/color][/font]

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#447 of 448 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,978 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 23 2013 - 06:49 AM

"To Serve Man".  What an ending  :lol:

I'm so glad that I saw this show when I was young because I never knew what to expect. I'm guessing that some of the endings are little more obvious to adult viewers today (thanks, in large part to the TZ, people are more on the lookout for twist endings) but I can only imagine that a lot of the episodes were mind blowing when they first aired. That's certainly not to take away from the series because even if you know the ending, it's still a wonderful ride.

All that being said, I remember years ago seeing Time Enough At Last with my sister and I figured she'd guess the ending but she was shocked when Bemis drops his glasses. She was literally dumbfounded by it.

#448 of 448 ONLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 2,605 posts

Posted June 23 2013 - 08:29 AM

even back then, i recall my dad and i had a game of who would be right.

we each tried to guess how the show was gonna end, cuz they were very good at fooling the viewers.

to serve man, though, i think took everyone by surprise.

i think we all figured that the aliens may be up to something.  after all, even the humans in the show were fearful at first.

but i dont think anyone had come up with it being a cookbook.  it is probably the one episode that it think of, first.

like a lot of shows, i havent seen them since their original airing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users