What's new

Anyone heard of Wizard speakers? (1 Viewer)

Tommy_N

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all:

For the holidays I was over my girlfriend’s brother’s house and he had these speakers & amp I had never heard of and I haven’t been able to find anything about them on-line. I am hoping that someone here has more info on them.

They are called Wizards and they use ribbon drivers. They were about 6 ft tall. They had built in subs that were in a huge enclosure. Through some connection of his he supposedly paid $9K when they normally retail for around $30K.

A Bryston amp powered the subs and two 600 wpc. amp powered the other frequencies. The amps were from a manufacturer I never heard of “Dass.” They were supposedly 150 pounds each and were sized accordingly.

The sound was good although it was really hard to experience their full potential. Unfortunately with company there he kept the volume pretty low. The room acoustics were not the best, his source unit was average and I wasn’t familiar with any of the CDs he played. That said the sound was very clear and lifelike, sound stage was great. The bass was very full. Whether it’s worth the price is debatable but they sounded great.

So has anyone heard of these?

Happy New Year

Tom

Tommy_N

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, It's Wisdom This explains why I couldn't find anything on-line about them. He had the M-50s

It was difficult to keep track of all the things he was telling me about. I must have misunderstood him.

Thanks for clarifying. Although still not sure about the amp.

Tom

Nathan W.

Stunt Coordinator
Damn! The magnet on just one 12" woofer weighs 38lbs according to their site! I wanna see a pic of that woofer.

OH NO! Check this out! (taken from site).......

"Through Tom and Debi’s effort, Wisdom Audio sold many pairs of speakers out of the back of a truck at $25k a pair in 1997......"

They're just white van speakers!!!:eek:

Larry Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
If you go to their site, you'll see that's how they started. It looks like they have come a long way since then.
Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks