What's new

How many coax cables into the house for sat HDTV? (1 Viewer)

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
If I upgrade my Direct TV to High Def(Or switch to Dish) will I need more then one RG6 coax into the house (per receiver) as I have now? I know I will need an oval 3 LNB dish(2 with Dish network?) but only one coax out from the dish, right? Hence, I will not have to rip up my walls again to hide the cable. How hard is it to aim one of those HDTV dishes? Years ago I aimed my Direct Tv dish myself, piece of cake, but I am told you realy need electronic equipment to properly aim one of the HDTVs. Also I have heard uproar about Dish and MPEG4 making any equipment I buy useless. How about the next few years and new satellites for Direct TV? Should I wait? Thanks

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Billy, I'm not sure about your coax. question.
I would wait a little while to see if Directv or Dish Network buys out Voom. You can read more about this at Satelliteguys.us.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's not going to be years. There are two launches scheduled for this spring. The new satellites will carry local HD for the top 10, 20, ?? markets.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks