Resident Evil 2____________ _ $20.27 __ $15.99 __ $14.99 __ $_L/P_ __ $18.49 __
Sex and the City S6 Pt 2___ _ $32.49 __ $29.99 __ $_N/A_ __ $29.99 __ $31.99 __
Tour of Duty Season 2______ _ $25.86 __ $41.99 __ $34.99 __ $25.87 __ $_N/A_ __
Twilight Zone 1959 S1 DE___ _ $83.99 __ $119.99__ $119.99__ $83.99 __ $_N/A_ __
Twilight Zone 1985 S1 _____ _ $48.99 __ $69.99 __ $69.99 __ $48.99 __ $_N/A_ __
Wicker Park________________ _ $18.89 __ $19.99 __ $17.99 __ $19.99 __ $17.99 __
Wimbledon__________________ _ $20.99 __ $19.99 __ $17.99 __ $19.99 __ $18.29 __
[/C]

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definite price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including (or the ones Dave tells me he's looking for ;o)). In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. So, please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like Dave & I do! (Mike's SOP)

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii. Also note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the standard Roundup: they set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is not a way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. When it comes to Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices mentioned at all, just remember that "Your Mileage May Vary".

--Amazon is still featuring free shipping on orders over $25. Restrictions apply.

--Best Buy is offering bonus DVDs with Anchorman and Open Water, YMMV on finding them.

--Best Buy is offering a 2-for-$25 deal if you buy Anchorman and Old School together at the same time.

--Best Buy is offering a 2-for-$25 deal if you buy Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil DE together at the same time.

--Best Buy: Save $10 when buying any 2 sets of Sex and the City, save $80 if you buy all 7 sets (each $41.99, except S1 $29.99)

--Costco: They are offering a Benji 3-pack for $19.99 (included "Benji", "For the Love of Benji" and "Benji: Off the Leash")

(Thanks for putting up with a fill-in effort as I hold down the fort for Mike. I'll try to fill in more prices later as I get them, but doing this on a dial-up connection is murder!)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City on sale DVD items:

$15.99 each:
Wake of Death
Shrek 2

$17.99 each:
Spider-Man 2
Anacondas
King Arthur (2004)

$19.99 each:
Battlestar Galactica The Miniseries
Manchurian Candidate (2004)
Dodgeball
The Bourne Supremacy
Napoleon Dynamite
Collateral
Princess Diaries 2
I Robot
Chronicles of Riddick

$35.99:
Simpsons Season 5

2 for $15 (all MGM titles):
Alexander the Great
Blue Velvet SE
Dances with Wolves (1 disc)
West Side Story (1 disc)
All Dogs Go to Heaven
Y Tu Mama Tambien
The Aviator
Judgment at Nurenburg
Barbershop
Child's Play
The Day After
Die Anothery Day
Flesh & Blood
Queen & Country
Hoodlum
Jeepers Creepers 2
Legally Blonde
The Magnificent Seven
The Manchurian Candidate SE (original)
Moby Dick
Mulholland Falls
Out of Time
Silence of the Lambs (non-SE)
Spaceballs
Species SE
Terminator
This is Spinal Tap SE
Uptown Girls
Good Boy!
Windtalkers (1 disc)

$4.99 each (all Fox titles):
Die Hard (1 disc)
The Transporter
The Siege
Brown Sugar
Entrapment
True Lies
Behind Enemy Lines
Unfaithful
Donnie Darko
From Hell
Men of Honor
Simpsons Gone Wild
Thin Red Line
Planet of the Apes (2003)
Moulin Rouge (1 disc)
Edward Scissorhands
Kiss of the Dragon
Point Break
Dude, Where's My Car
Romancing the Stone
Soul Food
Shallow Hal
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Cast Away
Boondock Saints

--------------

Best Buy on sale DVD items:

$19.99 each:
Manchurian Candidate (2004)
Napoleon Dynamite
Wicker Park

$29.99:
Sex & the City Season 1

Save on First Season TV Series from Fox: Buffy Season 1 pictured at $12.99; more titles in store (website list 24, Futurama, all to be prices at 50% off regular price). Click here for online pricing to get an idea if this is a decent deal.

FREE $5 Gift Card instantly with purchase of any 2 DVDs listed below:
$39.99:
Star Wars Trilogy
South Park Season 4

$29.99:
Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2
Seinfeld Seasons 1 & 2
Seinfeld Season 3
Simpsons Season 5 (LP'd but likely $39.99)

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator
On the DVD's for $10 at Target is it only for The Girl Next Door R version or both R and Unrated? I would think so since it's pretty much the same movie. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
I'm getting:
-Anchorman 2-disc
-Garden State
-King of the Hill S3
-Resident Evil 2

Thanks a lot Patrick.

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason

This is the box set with the double-disc Patton isn't it? I might have to renew that membership now . . . besided the fact we're going to need some more toilet paper next week anyway . . .

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hi, Patrick. Good work for a dial-up! I'm glad to see you're helping Mike to carry on my legacy of the Roundup. Thanks!

I don't have time today to go look up prices, but maybe some of the other readers can help. Here are just a few things that I would suggest should be added to the list (one movie for kids and a handful of fairly popular TV stuff):

Battlestar Galactica (03) - MiniSeries
Benji: Off the Leash
Tour of Duty - S2
Twilight Zone (59) - S1 Definitive Ed.
Twilight Zone (85) - S1

I don't chime in here often enough and say it, but I DO look at the Roundups every week, and Mike's done a great job all along. Patrick's done well with the fill-ins, too. Thanks for keeping it up and helping ME to save money! :)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mike..... oops I mean David :b

Nothing for me this week.
Just have to find out a way to return Spiderman 1 & 2 two-pack someone bought for me. (it's P&S, need I say more?)
I hear WallyMart will take it back as long as it scans?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
anchorman wake up ron bergundy for me.
i might have to buy the single disc version depending on whats on the best buy bonus dvd.
so i may have an extra ron bergundy to sell next week.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Nice job on the Roundup, Patrick. Just one note. You have Simpsons S5 listed in the BB $29.99 section of your 2nd post, but it's actually coming up at $39.99 on the site (usually the same price as in-store). It is pictured between a $29.99 Seinfeld set and a $39.99 South Park set in the ad so either price could be correct. But it could also be a regional thing: $29.99 some places, $39.99 elsewhere so YMMV on that one.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
simpsons shows 29.99 in the ad for philly area i havent checked online to see the price(best buy).
wrong.
now i see that the "low price" is closer
to the 39.99 south park then to the 29.99 seinfeld.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Hope you keep the fort up while Mike is out of commersion, Patrick. As for me...dunno, might get Archor Man, but my luck with purchasing the stuff I metion on this thread is generally poor at times. Oh well, good luck with the roundup for the next couple of weeks.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Thanks for filling in, Patrick.

Lots of great deals this week at Best Buy and Costco. I guess that $50 GC for Best Buy that I got yesterday won't stay in my possession too long. :)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Battlestar Galactica (03) - MiniSeries

Amazon: $19.58
Best Buy: $22.99
CrcCity: $19.99
Target: $19.58

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll probably hold off adding more catalogue titles until Monday night when I get back because dial-up is just too darn sloooooowwwwww!!!

I did update the 2nd post in this thread with the Best Buy 50% 1st season box set sale, here's the link in case folks miss it.

Also, Amazon is getting ready to offer the same good deals, or better on Fox 1st season sets as well, with X-Files season 1 getting down to $34.99, it would seem.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Is the Anchorman set with the Wake Up Ron Burgandy the 2-disc set? (And could they have made our purchasing decisions any more difficult? Oh, wait, not sending anything out for review did it).

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Freaking crime that The Twilight Zone is "too obscure" to list in the circulars. Those bastards. That was what I was looking forward to seeing the round-up for. I really hope I can actually get a copy at a B&M (without having to resort to Borders prices, that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks