Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

MILLENNIUM Season 2 DVD Reviews

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 of 82 OFFLINE   David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted December 23 2004 - 05:00 AM

Merry Christmas, everyone.

http://enterline2.tr...um_season2.html

Since I couldn't find a topic on the US release of MILLENNIUM Season 2, I started this thread. Enjoy.
ENTERLINE MEDIA (entertainment articles and DVD/Movie/TV show reviews)

#2 of 82 OFFLINE   Lloyd White

Lloyd White

Stunt Coordinator

• 86 posts

Posted December 23 2004 - 05:44 AM

Ah, 16:9 Widescreen, just what I wanted to hear, thanks!
My DVD Owned List
My DVD Wish List
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

#3 of 82 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,834 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 23 2004 - 06:04 AM

Only about a week and half left. Thanks for the review. I can't wait!

#4 of 82 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted December 23 2004 - 02:04 PM

If the sixth-month period between the first and second season is any indicator, we should have Season 3 by July. Fox faithfully followed that pattern with "X-Files" and I'd be incredibly surprised if they didn't repeat it with "Millennium". With "Lone Gunmen" coming in March, every episode of television Ten Thirteen ever produced will be on DVD within 7 months.
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#5 of 82 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,834 posts

Posted December 23 2004 - 02:19 PM

Yep. I assume there will be the little card with S2 saying that The Lone Gunmen will be out in the Spring 2005 and Millennium Season Three will be out in Summer 2005.

#6 of 82 OFFLINE   Joshua_W

Joshua_W

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted December 23 2004 - 03:00 PM

Can't wait to get my hands on season two, but I'll have to pass on season three. I didn't really care for the third season, from what I watched. (And I bailed on it early, as it seemed like they tried to minimize what happened at the end of season two and make the whole thing into an X-Files Lite.)

#7 of 82 OFFLINE   Mike Graham

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted December 23 2004 - 03:41 PM

Every Millennium thread of course needs the requisite put-down of Season 3 Posted Image It was a terrible season, and can't hold a candle to what came before. I'm worried about money right now, but I would love to own season two, as I think its one of the great seasons of television.

#8 of 82 OFFLINE   David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted December 27 2004 - 06:40 PM

The only problem I had with season 3 is the early S3 episodes were mostly weak until the season picked up some steam later on with some great episodes like Borrowed Time, Collateral Damage, The Sound of Snow, and Seven and One.
You even get Lucy Butler to pop up again for Antipas.

ENTERLINE MEDIA (entertainment articles and DVD/Movie/TV show reviews)

#9 of 82 OFFLINE   Tim-H.

Tim-H.

Second Unit

• 427 posts

Posted December 28 2004 - 02:21 AM

Thanks to the great reviews here, I rented S1 & loved it. The show got incredibly intense at the end of the season, so I'm really primed for S2. From what I've read, S2 is even better. May have to buy, not rent, come 1/4...
Watch THE SNUGGIE KILLER on YouTube!

#10 of 82 OFFLINE   Jonathan_Clarke

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit

• 485 posts

Posted December 30 2004 - 04:18 PM

I'm in. I rented all of Season 1 then snapped it up on that sale. I'll be buying this right away.
www.notinmybook.comWhere I can complain and complain and complain.

#11 of 82 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted December 31 2004 - 02:34 AM

My all time favorite season of any show on TelevisionPosted Image

Cant wait.

#12 of 82 OFFLINE   Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted December 31 2004 - 01:15 PM

I'm in, after how incredible Season 1 was, but I am a little worried. All I have seen of Season 2 was the first ep a few weeks back (I'll admit I got impatient after finishing my season one set and got the first ep of Season 2 off of a recently defunct Torrent site). With Morgan and Wong in charge, they seemed to have hit the reset button on the show a little bit. From that episode alone, they say that Frank wasn't actually a member of the Millennium group for all of season 1, simply a candidate. Everything you see in season 1 tends to indicate he was a member, recruited by Mike Atkins, and well known by every other member. Secondly, they seem to already, one episode in, be shifting Frank's primary source of conflict from Lucy/Satan/some kind of all encompassing demonic force to the Group itself. Humor also seems to have reared its head, and while I question putting any humor in this show at all, I enjoy Morgan and Wong's brand of humor. I might be in the minority, but I didn't mind season one's "Serial Killer Of The Week" formula, since it was so well written and acted. I did wish they had inserted a couple more episodes dealing with Frank's struggle against the forces seemingly out to destroy his work, his family, and himself, like Lamentations, Maranatha, etc. Basically, will I be disappointed in the changes season 2 brings?

#13 of 82 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,834 posts

Posted December 31 2004 - 02:53 PM

Frank was always a consultant for the Millennium Group in Season One. He was never a full member. Although, I can defintiely see why you'd think he was since they very rarely bring up that he was only a candidate for memebrship. It's funny but from what I've read (some of which may be totally false), it doesn't seem like anyone at 1013 was happy with Morgan and Wong's changes between seasons one and two. Chief among them Lance Henriksen. Most fans, however, will tell it's one of the best seasons of television ever produced. As for the humor, if you like Darin Morgan's X-File episodes (such as Humbug, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space"), you'll love his Millennium episodes. Don't worry there's only two episodes that are comedies and, to me, they are highpoints in the series. Season Two also has the scariest episode of television I have ever seen, The Mikado. I'm so happy that that episode has a commentary. Is it January 4th yet?

#14 of 82 OFFLINE   Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted December 31 2004 - 04:22 PM

Travis, that's just it. I don't think they EVER implied he was anything other than a member. Another nitpick is Peter Watts going from good friend/shoulder to lean on to ominous spokesman for the Group (though he does try and comfort Frank at one point in the episode). I'm still buying, and I'm still hyped, but I can't shake the worry I'll be a little disappointed.

#15 of 82 OFFLINE   Nick Graham

Nick Graham

Screenwriter

• 1,409 posts

Posted December 31 2004 - 04:27 PM

Whoops...the last two posts from "Josh Simpson" were actually me...guess he logged on to my PC while visiting for the Holidays.

#16 of 82 OFFLINE   Joshua_W

Joshua_W

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted January 01 2005 - 12:25 PM

In the first season, Frank was working with/for the Millennium Group, but he wasn't an initiated member. As we discovered in the second season, the group has very different public and private faces. The deeper one gets involved with the group, as Frank Black did, the more one saw what was really going on within the organization. I was very satisfied with the direction Morgan and Wong took the series in the second season. The show was give a fleshed-out mythology and depth that was only hinted at in the first season. As entertaining as season one was in spots, I much preferred the added mystical/conspiratorial elements from the second season, which elevated Millennium above just another cop show.

#17 of 82 OFFLINE   JonZ

JonZ

Lead Actor

• 7,794 posts

Posted January 02 2005 - 04:41 AM

Patience Grasshopper.

#18 of 82 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted January 02 2005 - 11:24 AM

I actually found the set yesterday (I've watched up to "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense") and there is no such card, unfortunately. There is the standard "Fox Television" insert but it's outdated, it even lists this set itself as an upcoming release. Still, I'm confident that both will be released before July. Fox's "Millennium" site has a place for Season 3 that says "Coming Soon" (July is purely my speculation, though, but it's reasonable to assume, based on Fox's regular "X-Files" release pattern and the time between the first and second "Millennium" releases) and I absolutely trust The Digital Bits if they say that "The Lone Gunmen" is coming in March (not to mention that amazon.com is taking pre-orders). I'd had my DVD player for less than a year when I bought the first season of "X-Files" and over five years later, it'll be great to finally own all 290 Ten Thirteen eps. The whole thing (including the "X-Files" movie) will eventually span 85 discs.
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#19 of 82 OFFLINE   Michael Sliger

Michael Sliger

Second Unit

• 275 posts

Posted January 02 2005 - 01:29 PM

Bill, would you mind giving us an extra confirmation that the episodes are encoded in anamorphic widescreen for the Region 1 set? I want to trust David Blackwell, but Fox's own website still claims that the episodes are "full frame". Hopefully they are just pulling the same stupid mistake that befell the "Harsh Realm" DVDs.

#20 of 82 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted January 03 2005 - 05:33 AM

They are in 16:9 widescreen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users