What's new

When is Whos the boss 2nd season coming out on DVD??? (1 Viewer)

John McM

Second Unit
considering it's Sony, we might see season 2 out around the time Tony Danza turns 65, lol

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Yeah, that's probably right. They will wait untill he's 65 and make a live action movie to tie in with the DVD like they seem to do with all their releases...
By that point, he'll be able to make a cameo as one of Mona's boyfriends....
C'mon Sony, get it together...
we want to see continuous releases of our shows!!

John McM

Second Unit
realistically, it depends on how well season 1 sold. I think season 1 probably sold reasonable, so we should probably see season 2 sometime around the first half of 2005, since apparently they aren't "once every six months"-ing it.

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
From forums.wtbr.com:

It could be released next year, but we haven't set release dates yet. To be notified when it is available please register for our Sony Pictures Network newsletter which will give you upcoming release dates for our DVD & Home Video titles.

Apparently this came from someone who wrote to Sony and this was the response they received.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Lindsey, but that's a fairly standard corporate reply, with a variable "insert future timeframe here" section. Nothing that makes me sit up and take notice, frankly.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
10-4 on this one :emoji_thumbsup: WTB S2 is one of my "Wait for's" on my list. Often seems that it's "forever" between season releases, right? I wonder how well S1 sold? Anyone have "inside" info on it? I'd figure that it has been one of the more popular sellers but then...I'm "tilted" in that direction :D

Matt_Troop

Agent
It seems like sony only release 2 shows more than once a year and that is KoQ and Seinfeld probaly because their some of their best sellers. I am happy their bringing out dvds but i hate sony.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Season 2 is my favorite season of WTB? I hope they release it soon. I seriously refuse to believe that "Too Close For Comfort"(I know it's owned by a different company) would sell more than WTB :frowning:

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan
It will be released when a decent company owns the rights to it. SONY = DEATH

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Ok, I have to ask :D I'm relatively new at HTF and am a TV/DVD collector. I've seen several references to Sony that aren't excatly :emoji_thumbsup: , so I am wondering what the reasons are for the below-average reviews are regarding Sony. Could one reason be the lengthy times between releases? It seems to me that some Sony-owned TV/DVD's have a lot of time passing between season releases or is that my imagination?

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Sony is just plain terrible, they put the shows in production order on the DVD's which can make some shows out of sequence, I read that for the 227 DVD's there was a two part episode and the second part was on a completely different disc because of them doing this, plus their releases aren't the greatest quality and yes the length of time, take Jeffersons Season 3-2 years between releases is just plain ridiculous :thumbsdown:

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I agree. I love many of Sony's titles, and I like the fact that they are still using single sided disks. However, along with Who's the Boss, here are some of the other titles which have too much time in between releases:

Charlie's Angels
Starsky & Hutch (Although they haven't been too bad with this one)
Barney Miller
The Jeffersons (finally released)
Married W/Children

Who knows why they take so long. Hopeflly they will correct this issue so people aren't left hanging..

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan

* abandoning shows: probably one out of three (guesstimate) shows released by Sony has been abandoned after one or two seasons.

* abysmal picture quality: Dawson's Creek looks better on cable than on DVD.

* music replacement: they will go as far as changing the theme music!

Considering the above, why would anyone want to collect Sony TV on DVD, if it is an altogether inferior experience than just taping the shows off the air, which one can do for almost free?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks