What's new

What are YOU doin' for New Year's Eve? (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Just curious...

I'll be somewhere in Manhattan (NOT Times Square), standard diner/champagne/clubbing stuff. But I have yet to pick out a place, make reservations or buy tickets etc...

You?

--
H

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Careful. You're cutting it close.

I'll be at a friend's dinner party. Very low-key evening.

M.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I'll be on the west coast (I'm an eastcoaster) visiting with family and friends.

This is going to be my first vacation in 6 years. I still have so much to do to get ready for it....

I hope everyone here has a nice holiday and new year. Take care and stay safe!

Paul Bond

Stunt Coordinator
Our semi-tradition is for two or more friends to get together and play games all evening. Last year, it was just me playing solitaire while my wife fell asleep on the couch, but it was comfortable inside, no drunks or jerks, and I won as many rounds as I lost.

Bond. Paul Bond.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Probably nothing. I'm not much a new year's person, I never make such a big deal of it anyway. :) But it is a holiday (even though it falls on a saturday this year) so I'll probably be getting ready for a NYD cycle trip or hiking trip.

Jay

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Arrrrrgh!!!

I just found out the g/f wants to do Times Square :angry: :angry: :angry:. Completely miscommunicated on that one. I can't say no, it's a lifelong dream of hers (west coaster).

Having done it twice, I am definitely not in a big hurry to go back.

Dammit.

--
H

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My New Year's are usually pretty low key. My "craziest" was actually a combined bachelor's party and New Year's Eve bash. We were standing in front of "Big Al's" in San Francisco when the hour turned :D

My most enjoyable was just hanging out with friends and playing Cranium, then introducing the older members of our group to a first person shooter video game. It was pretty funny how lost they were.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I am not much for the crowd thing, so time square would not be my idea of fun. Sorry you have to go back....

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Having a small party at my house. We've invited about a dozen friends for a game of board games and such. We did this two years ago and had so much fun that we all forgot about the changeover.

SarahG

Second Unit
Dinner and dancing. Should be a good time. I like New year's eve for the most part. I've had my fair share of bad ones, but most are fun.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
My wife and I will be back home celebrating New Year's with our new baby daughter! Six more days and counting! :)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I'll be performing 3 shows at the Hyatt Regency in KC, with Comedycity, doing improv comedy!

It pays pretty well!

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Quiet night at home watching DVDs with the family. I have to rest up for the all-day football marathon on the 1st.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Going to a New Years Eve bash featuring Wide Mouth Mason (band from Saskatchewan) at a club with some friends. Since I normally don't go to clubs on New Years this should be kind of fun. :)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

(Makes note to TiVo the broadcast and check the crowd shots for Holadem grimacing.)

M.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
No idea. I'm flying back to Rochester on the 30th and will looking for a party. My favorite New Year's activity is a casual party with friends, playing games.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks