Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Happy Days season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 of 38 OFFLINE   John McM

John McM

Second Unit

• 352 posts

Posted December 19 2004 - 12:20 PM

does anyone know when Paramount plans to release season 2? I honestly am only a fan of the very early episodes of the show, so season 2 is the only "must have" season besides season 1 (even tho I probably would go up to 4, it was still decent until Chachi came in in season 5). I have a feeling we'll see it in the first quarter of 2005 but just wondering if Paramount's gonna announce it soon

#2 of 38 OFFLINE   Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

• 1,065 posts

Posted December 20 2004 - 11:05 AM

Count me in on a season 2 set as well. My cutoff on the series is also when Chachi came in. Once the Fonz goes from being cool to being a fool...I'm out.
I'm a classic TV fan. Widescreen? What's that?

#3 of 38 OFFLINE   Chris:L

Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted December 20 2004 - 12:31 PM

I'll pick up all 11 seasons.

#4 of 38 OFFLINE   Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted December 21 2004 - 02:37 AM

When did they switch to filming in front of an audience? In my opinion that was the first major step downward in quality.

#5 of 38 OFFLINE   Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor

• 786 posts

Posted December 21 2004 - 02:54 AM

Quote:
When did they switch to filming in front of an audience?

Season three was the first season filmed in front of a studio audience, though in season 2 they shot one episode with an audience ("Fonzie's Getting Married") as a test.

#6 of 38 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter

• 1,063 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 21 2004 - 05:15 AM

Hopefully Season Two will have some extras...ANY extras...given that, I believe, all the principal actors are still around, and I presume much of the crew as well.

#7 of 38 OFFLINE   John McM

John McM

Second Unit

• 352 posts

Posted December 21 2004 - 06:26 AM

Quote:
Hopefully Season Two will have some extras...ANY extras...given that, I believe, all the principal actors are still around, and I presume much of the crew as well.

hopefully the upcoming 2 hour ABC special will be an extra on season 2 (or maybe 3). Happy Days may not be a million-selling show, but it is a classic and it has a huge fanbase, and considering Paramount probably knows a lot of people lost interest in season 3, putting the best extra on season 2 would be fitting.

#8 of 38 OFFLINE   Chris:L

Chris:L

Supporting Actor

• 709 posts

Posted December 21 2004 - 12:20 PM

They better be releasing all 11 seasons. That's all I have to say.

#9 of 38 OFFLINE   Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted December 22 2004 - 02:53 AM

For your sake, I hope they put out JOANNIE LOVES CHACHI too.

#10 of 38 OFFLINE   Chris Stainton

Chris Stainton

Second Unit

• 285 posts

Posted January 27 2005 - 04:42 AM

Any word on when this might be released? I am really anticipating this.

#11 of 38 OFFLINE   MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted January 27 2005 - 06:21 AM

Well, as John McM said above, they may be waiting for the Happy Days reunion to air so it can be included as an extra. If that's the case, I'd say we'll have Happy Days probably in the last half of the year. But that's speculation on my part.
So much TV... So little money! Please visit my blog at: http://tvhistoryondvd.blogspot.com/

#12 of 38 OFFLINE   John McM

John McM

Second Unit

• 352 posts

Posted January 27 2005 - 07:02 AM

Quote:
If that's the case, I'd say we'll have Happy Days probably in the last half of the year. But that's speculation on my part.

I hope not, at least 2 seasons a year would be nice, 11 seasons would be too long to stretch over 11 years, especially since the post-Howard seasons will not sell as well IMO.

#13 of 38 OFFLINE   Dave Farley

Dave Farley

Second Unit

• 411 posts

Posted January 27 2005 - 01:46 PM

I've been wondering about Season 2. We haven't heard a peep about it. I hope Season 1 sold well or that could spell trouble. I'll buy the complete series because that's the way I am but I hope that all the Ron Howard seasons make it out. His last two weren't great either but the show really collapsed after he left, in my opinion.

#14 of 38 OFFLINE   JasonPat

JasonPat

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted January 28 2005 - 06:14 AM

I would buy all 11 seasons. Plus, What about Lavergne and Shirley and Mork and Mindy? Hopefully, they will release all of these seasons.

#15 of 38 OFFLINE   Randy*S

Randy*S

Second Unit

• 280 posts

Posted January 28 2005 - 10:26 PM

I can't believe I missed this thread...
I hope they release all seasons too but the season when Ron left is my limit. Two seasons a year would be cool to me too.
All seasons of "Mork & Mindy" and "Laverne & Shirley" would must buys.
Disney please put Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends on DVD!!!!

I will NEVER buy ANY politically corrected/edited DVD!

#16 of 38 OFFLINE   Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco

Screenwriter

• 2,462 posts

Posted January 29 2005 - 06:42 AM

OK, I remember Laverne & Shirley being a Happy Days spinoff, as well as Joanie Loves Chachi, but what's the tie-in with Mork & Mindy? Was that ALSO a spin-off? I truly don't recall that tie-in.
Studios, caption your internet streams.

#17 of 38 OFFLINE   John McM

John McM

Second Unit

• 352 posts

Posted January 29 2005 - 06:47 AM

Quote:
OK, I remember Laverne & Shirley being a Happy Days spinoff, as well as Joanie Loves Chachi, but what's the tie-in with Mork & Mindy? Was that ALSO a spin-off? I truly don't recall that tie-in.

yep, Robin Williams appeared as Mork in a season 5 episode of Happy Days and was so well-received they gave him his own spinoff the next season.

#18 of 38 OFFLINE   Randy*S

Randy*S

Second Unit

• 280 posts

Posted January 29 2005 - 11:00 AM

Quote:
yep, Robin Williams appeared as Mork in a season 5 episode of Happy Days and was so well-received they gave him his own spinoff the next season.

And I never missed it! Posted Image
The Mork & Mindy season 1 set has the "Mork & Mindy Special" Which had a flashback with Fonz and Laverne.
Disney please put Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends on DVD!!!!

I will NEVER buy ANY politically corrected/edited DVD!

#19 of 38 OFFLINE   Chuck L

Chuck L

Screenwriter

• 1,008 posts

Posted January 30 2005 - 01:43 AM

I am so in for LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY.

While I don't want to seem to picky here...with other classic shows in the Paramount lineup getting as many as four releases a year, there is no reason why L & S and HAPPY DAYS shouldn't be getting the same treatment.

#20 of 38 OFFLINE   Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

• 1,065 posts

Posted January 30 2005 - 08:46 AM

Quote:
While I don't want to seem to picky here...with other classic shows in the Paramount lineup getting as many as four releases a year, there is no reason why L & S and HAPPY DAYS shouldn't be getting the same treatment.

At least their season 1 sets got released. Where are other Paramount classics like The Odd Couple or Get Smart? They haven't even been mentioned for a release.
I'm a classic TV fan. Widescreen? What's that?

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow