What's new

Non traditional Holiday movies I'll be watching this week (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Here's another one of these threads focused on Holiday themed films. But I'm thinking of non traditional films in the Sci-Fi and action genre. I'll likely be working on the computer or sketching and I plan to have a few DVD's playing in the home office. I'm thinking I'll watch the George Pal version of The Time Machine and Die Hard to start. Both are taking place during the Holidays. What would you play if you were in my shoes.

Nelson

PS-Pushing the theme, Airport because it's during a snow storm and The Great Escape because they sing Christmas Carols at one point.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE (1969), the Christmas 007 flick (I just had my annual viewing this evening). I watched the yuletide slasher classic, BLACK CHRISTMAS (1974) last week.

I'll probably also be watching two Christmas-set noir films sometime this week:

BEWARE MY LOVELY (1952)
THE LADY IN THE LAKE (1946)

Two films that, while not centered around Christmas, both conclude at Christmas (and are well worth anyone's time):

NIGHT OF THE HUNTER (1955)
THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST (1967)

Matt Rexer

Stunt Coordinator
Just watched Black Christmas last night. It's true what they say: it is the granddaddy of slasher films. Plus, it's ironically directed by the man behind perennial holiday favorite A Christmas Story.

After that, watched the MST3K version of Mitchell - John Saxon gets a lot of presents in that one, so it must be Christmastime.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Great titles, thanks for the suggestions. I did later remember On Her Majesty's... so that will be played! I also have Lethal Weapon, how could I forget that. The other titles are not in my library, but this is a great start.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks